waking up (Coltin's POV)

When I woke up I immediately knew something conspiracy theory worthy was going on. The room I awoke in was like a stereotypical laboratory from all the movies, clean, white, and ominous. As I sat up from my bed the door  opened and a tall slender built woman walked in. " Hi, Coltin! My name is Dr. Zorran, we have been waiting for you to wake up." She says in a confident tone.

"Waiting for me to wake up?" I knew there was a conspiracy going on.

"Yup. Do you remember anything before you woke up?"

"I remember I worked for the government, which is weird since I'm only 17, but nevermind that, I remember they told me I had a very specific purpose but they wouldn't tell me what it was." I also remembered them injecting me with something but I wasn't about to let this lady know that. Why should I have? And why was she taking notes I mean I know she's a doctor but it's not like I was talking about anything medical.

"Ok, good! We were scared the serum wiped your memory" she says with a scarily cheery attitude. " Ok let's begin, you were hired to watch someone, no questions asked, all you need to know is that she is very important to the nation's security, got it?" Her mood changed really quick and it kind of made me uncomfortable how quickly it happened, but I nodded my head. " Ok let's go, follow me." We leave the room and walk through long white hallways until we come to an open room with people running back and forth, it had the same monochromatic white color scheme and had 3 giant screens on the wall furthest from the entrance. The doc leads me to the wall of screens specifically the one furthest from to the right. As I examine the screen I realize it consists mainly just photos of the same girl, and she's a looker. "This is her, you have to keep your eye on her, and no matter what don't let her know who you are or who sent you."

"Wait. But what was the serum for?"

"That was to give you heightened skills such as agility, reaction time, strength, and so on." I wanted to ask about the girl but I remembered she told me this was a no questions asked kind of mission, if that's even what this is, and honestly this lady scares me so I'm gonna choose to not break that rule.  As soon as I process all of this I'm being shuttled into a car and I'm being driven to a school, and from what they told me the school just reopened from an extended break. I step out of the car and walk towards the entrance, right as I'm about to open the door and well dressed man in a nice suit appears and begins to talk. " You must be Coltin. I'm principal Rosco and I wanted to personally welcome you to our wonderful school. Here's your schedule, and I'll show you to your homeroom class." He hands me a slip of paper with classes listed. Once we arrive to my homeroom class he shows me in and introduces me to the class. As I scan the class I see her, the girl I'm supposed to watch, she's sitting next to the window and just looking out, something seems to be upsetting her. I'm not sure what it is but something felt off, it felt like I should jump out of the way, but out of the way of what? Suddenly the wall behind us explodes and I jump out of the way and imediatly grab the girl, that's my job after all right, and we run.