Chapter 3- Reunited

As I finished packing, I had received over 50 texts. I stopped looking at the phone every time it went off when I figured out who was messaging me.

Fucking bitch.

If you guessed Paisley King was texting me, then you are correct. I was too mad to even look at the phone, until it rang. I looked at the caller ID and smiled. "Hello babe" I said with a seductive tone.

"You slut! I've been texting you for 20 minutes! Answer your damn phone!" I laughed as Roxy's motherly tone rang into my ear.

"Sorry babe, didn't notice your name on the screen." I giggled, listening to Roxy huff and groan.

"I'm coming to get you in about....now" Roxy hung up as she finished her sentence, and I heard a car honk outside. I went to the window and peered out at the most gorgeous car I'd every seen. A 1960s Chevorlet Camaro. My mouth dropped and I quickly threw open my window harshly and leaned out of it. Roxy was half out of the car, smiling like a Chesire Cat. I laughed at her and shook my head, sticking my right hand out of the window and gesturing her to come to the door.

I bolted down the stairs, front flipping of the fifth stair from the bottom, steading myself, and ran to the front door. I flung it open to reveal my best friend leaning against the pole that supported the porch roof. Roxy was smiling, her perfect white teeth blinding and her face lit up with joy. She squealed and ran at me, throwing her arms around my shoulders. I quickly caught her and hugged her back twice as hard, I was the stronger one of us. I pushed Roxy back and looked her up and down, noticing that she did the same to me.

Roxy was wearing demin short-shorts and a purple tanktop that matched her purple Vans and Lakers snapback, it was actually her boyfriends but he lets her keep it. Her thick blonde hair was cut short, just under her collarbone, and her bright blue eyes were glowing with admiration as she took in my appearance, I was like her younger sister, even though I was bigger than her, she resembled Paisley body figure wise. Poor Roxy.

"How are ya, love? It's been.... almost three years since we've seen each other!" I exclaimed and pulled Roxy in for another hug. She laughed.

"Yes it has been, come on, lets get your stuff and get home, I have something to show you" Roxy smiled, and tried to hide the sad expression that crossed her face as she walked behind me into the house. I furrowed my brow in confusion, and rolling my bottom lip into my mouth. I thought for a min as Roxy practically leaped up the stairs behind me.. I sighed, and turned around to trek upstairs. Half way up, I heard Roxy grunt and yell

"Son of a bitch! What the fuck is in your laptop bag?!" I started to laugh, then realised that bag was not even 5 kg. I walked quickly up the stairs and bolted into the room, slamming against the door frame and looked at Roxy with panicked eyes.

"Rox, that bag isn't even heavy" I said and quickly straightened up. I looked down to the bag, and then back up at Roxy's face, which looked pained. I scanned over her face, only now realising she looked tired and worn down. I walked the few meters over to her, and grabbed the bag from her pale hands, smiling as best I could. Here I was bitching that my best friend was a backstabber, when my kinda-sister looks like she hadn't slept since 2005. "It's okay, even you aren't superman all the time, babe" I said teasingly, before turning to face my other bags, picking up the duffel and placed it on the top of the suitcase. I avoided Roxy's eyes, knowing she was staring at me with sad eyes, just like they always do when she couldn't do something I could, like throw a good right hook.

"I, I know it's not heavy.." Roxy's voice was sad and it faded near the end of her sentence. I looked up fom the doorway and smiled.

"Babe, its a bag, not the world, so stop tryna carry it on your shoulders" I winked at her and watched as her face lit up in a smirk. I turned and made my way down the stairs out to the car. I heard Roxy's feet slam onto the porch as I finished putting the bags in the boot which she had left unlocked.

I looked up as she yelled the words 'dog pile'. Roxy propelled herself off the edge of the porch, and onto me. I caught her and fell backwards, landing with an 'oomph'. I groaned

"You faggot" and pushed her off of me. She let out a hearty laugh and stood, sauntering over to the car and getting into the drivers seat. I stared up at her, caught off guard by how amazing my best friend was. I loved her like my own sister, and admired her more than anyone in the world. I quickly stood and lined myself up, running and twisting to slide across the hood of blue car. Roxy honked at me and glared, I smiled as sweetly as I could back, opening the passenger side door and slipping into the smooth black leather seat. I closed the door and turned to Roxy, watching her face go from a heavy glare to a light smirk.

"You always knew how to be cool as hell, and manage to piss me off" Roxy chuckled and turned the car on and started backing out, turning around to look out of the back window. I snickered and turned to adjust the radio.

"Thats because I'm badass and you suck ass" I tried to keep my face as neutral as possible and succeeded.

Til the bitch breaked and I smacked my face into the glove box. Great to be back with her.

Not.