Chapter 4- Meeting the "Problem"

After making a few stops here and there, we had finally reached Roxy's house. I looked up at the huge house and smiled. It was everything I remembered. The green-tinter grey panelling and stone pillar. But that was just the front. Out back, there was a pool and garden, many a good memory was set back there. 

"Get out, loser" Roxy's voice brought me out of my thoughts and I glared at him. 

"Lass, don't start me" I replied. Roxy threw her head back laughing and turned off the engine. Opening our doors at the same time, we both stepped out of the car, slamming the door behind us. She went straight for the front door, where her mother had emerged. I smiled and waved at her, which she returned with a small smile. I went to the boot of the car, lifting my bags out. I wheeled my suitcase to the porch where Roxy and her mum, Tracey, were having a quiet talk.

"Is he here?"

"No, he's with your dad til 6, remember?"

"Had to check, I didn;t want to scare her" Roxy's last sentence made me scrunch up my face.

"Scare who?" Roxy turned with a smirk at me question.

"No one important" With that she winked at me and went inside, Tracey and me in tow. 

"Remember where my room is?" Roxy asked, I only distantly heard her, I was looking at the photos that decorated the hallway. I mumbled yes and turned away from one photo, heading for the stairs. I passed several rooms, ignoring them as I was recalling where Roxy's was. I eventually remembered and found it. I laughed at what I saw inside. She had already set it up for me, but that wasn't what made me smile. Her room was painted a light baby blue, the same colour she said she hated. 

I sniffed as I dropped my stuff in the corner nearest to were I gathered I would be sleeping. An amazing smell hit my nose and I grinned like a Chesire cat. Bolting down the stairs and slid down the banister, just like I had done this morning. 

Except this time you are excited to see someone worth your time

The thought hit a nerve and I flinched. Paisley was still texting me all the bullshit sorry stuff, Roxy had noticed but hadn't said a word. I was thankful. Swaggering into the kitchen I saw Roxy laughing and cooking over the stove.

With a boy hugging her from behind. 

"Oi, get a room you two" I smiled as they both turned. The boys eyes widened.

"Trinny!" I opened my arms and laughed.

"HUG ME BROTHER" I said in a dramtic tone and it was seconds before Nathan had his arms around my waist and was squeezing the life out of me. Nathan was Roxy's boyfriend. I had known him longer than her, and had introduced the two. He had been my older brother for several years, and we passed as siblings easily. Brown hair and blue eyes with a slight tan. 

"Hey Nathy" I said breathlessly. "Need air" I croaked out. Nathan quickly released apologising and smiled at me.

"I haven't seen in ages!" He exclaimed and I nodded. Nathan and Roxy had started dating about two years ago, and now that they were both eighteen, things were starting to become more serious, which had put him and mine friendship on hold for a bit. I shrugged at him and sniffed again. I turned my attention to Roxy who was still cooking any.

"Lass, what are you cooking?" My curiosity peaking. She turned and smiled slightly. 

"Just someone's dinner. We are eating pizza tonight." I mentally hell yeah'ed and looked at the clock.

5:45pm.

I remmebered that someone was coming home at 6 and I cleared my throat. 

"Roxy?"

"Yes, bitch?" I laughed at her answer.

"Who's coming back at 6?" Roxy stiffened and turned, flciking her eyes to Nathan, who cleared his throat and walked to the stove. 

"I'll take over, stir til thick right?" Nathan's voice was hard, and Roxy nodded in response, kissing him on the cheek. Roxy walked towards me then gestured towards the living room. I followed her, and watched her sit down. She looked up at me, her voice quiet.

"You don't have to stand" 

"I don't want to stand. Whats going on Rox?" My voice wavered with worry.

"You know how, just after the last time I saw you, my boyfriend at the time disappeared? Cops were looking for him for a crime?" I nodded, showing her I knew what she was on about. "Well, a few days before he went off-grid, I was in the hospital, getting tests." My eyes widened. Roxy looked at the floor. "I was completing a rape kit." My head began to hurt and my lung struggled to find air.

Rape kit.

I put the pieces together, my head shaking in disbelief. "You.... you were raped?" My voice was broken. Roxy laughed slightly, trying to get her tears out of her. 

"He raped me. Then skipped town. A few months after I came out of therapy that the doctors thought was best, I started seeing Nathan, so don't worry. I got the help I needed and support from him." I smiled at that. I owed him for that. "Thats not what I wanted to tell you though" My head began to sting again, already sensing what she was saying.

"Tell me" Roxy was shaking with tears, and I couldn't move to comfort her. 

"He left behind something, but I only saw it 9 months later" Roxy's eyes met mine as the full force of her words hit me. 

She had a child. 

She was pregnant.

I wasn't here.

I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks. "Whats their name?" I said, my voice almost silent.

"Their names are Tylar and Skye." My eyes widened.

"Twins?" She smiled sadly and nodded. My knees buckled. Falling to the ground, I didn't break eye contact with Roxy. "Lass, thats a lot to take in" My voice was strengthening as I accepted whaat was happening.

"Nathan has been playing father, and I introduced you as their aunt." I smiled at the last part.

"I've missed so much" Roxy walked over to me and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her protectively as I heard a car pull up. The front door opened and I looked up just as two identical little kids walked in. They looked at Roxy and then at me, my mouth went dry. 

They looked exactly like Roxy, except the darker hair, they were all her ex's. I smiled at them and nudged Roxy. She looked up at them and smiled.

"Hey babies, how was grandpas?" Her voice was soft, like a mothers. She untangled herself from me went over to the kids. I wiped my eyes, but I couldn't stop staring, and neither could they. 

"Mamma, whos that?" The boy, Tylar, said to me. I smiled.

"I'm Trinity" The kids faces brightened and they ran to hug me. The force of them both was shocking but I steadied myself and hugged back.

"Hello, Aunty"

This wasn't what I expected.