Chapter 18

I hadn't spoken to Joe or Elena for days. Though I kind of owned the bakery I hadn't showed up there for quite a time. They would probably just whine about me being engaged to Damon. If they could only understand, but they wont because they can't know. I was in my room, feeling lonely as ever. Even though I would be in the room full of friends, family, all kinds of people. I would feel lonely. There was a knock on the door and I expected it to be Lucy or aunt Cindy, to my surprise it wasn't. It was Damon.

''Damon, what are you doing here?'' I said as I sat by the mirror.

''Can't a man visit his fiance? Soon we will be married and you have to come live with me.'' I turned away from him, staring into the mirror. I closed my eyes hoping he wasn't really there. I opened them and still he was.

''You can't hide from me forever Selena,' his dark voice whispered into my ear. Damon kissed my bare shoulder sending shivers down my spine and not good shivers.  He pulled something from his pocket, it was a box and put it in front of me. ''Open it.''

I looked down at it, opening it. In it, was a necklace.  ''It's my wedding gift to you.''

He picked it up, pulled my hair to the side and put it around my neck. I touched it as I looked at myself in the mirror. ''It's beautiful,'' I forced myself to say, and it was beautiful. ''Thank you.'' He made me turn to face him. He pecked me on the lips and I forced myself to kiss him back. ''Goodbye Selena, we'll meet soon again...'' he said and vanished through the doors. When he left, I was relieved but Lucy came inside.

''Wow, that's a beautiful necklace,' she said as she glared at my neck. I nodded.

''But your not happy..''

''Why wouldn't I be happy..I mean I'm getting married to Damon and..''

''And you don't love him. I know who you love..''

''Well I don't have much of a choice do I?'' I snapped at her. She looked down and shook her head.

''No you don't, and for that I'm sorry.'' She looked at me with sorrow and left the room.

I growled and suddenly jumped when there was a knock on my window. Outside the window was Logan. Why was he here? I opened the window. ''How did you get up here?'' 

''The fire escape, duh? And the only only way I could see you.'' He entered my room.

''What did you see through the window?'' I asked.

''Just you and that girl talking.'' I nodded relieved he didn't see but felt nervous about it.

''Why are you here?''

''I wanted to talk to you.''

''I told you to stay away from me Logan.''

''I can't.''

''Well you should. Since you found out what I really am.''

''Well I thought about it and I can't. I love you.''

''Don't, please.' He put his hand on my cheek, caressing it. I took it and touched it but pulled it away. ''Logan, I'm begging you...''

''Why can't we just be together?''

''BECAUSE. I love someone else..''

His eyes widened, but smiled. ''Yeah right..''

''No, I mean it. I can't be with you because there is someone else.''

''And who would that be?'' he asked, not fully convinced.

That's it, your going to hate me forever Logan. I swallowed in fear. ''Damon. And we're getting married.''