Chapter 4

I'm a nervous wreck by the time we get to the backstage. This is my first time ever performing on an actual stage. I bite my nails until my stupid brain registers that I've gotten them done not too long ago. It's over now since the pretty white color on my nails is chopped off. I'm such an idiot.

I sigh and stand up.

"Woah Laura are you okay?" Ross asked

I glared at him and shook my head "How many people are there?" I asked and pointed to the stage

"Approximately 5000 people. Maybe more." Rocky said which earned him a glare from Ross

"I think I'm going to be sick," I said and ran to the bathroom.

Just as Ross came into the room I started throwing up the contents of previously eaten lunch.

He took a hold of my short curly hair as much as he could and patted my back.

Once I was done he gave me a towel and lead me to the couch that I was previously sitting on.

"Are you okay now?" he asked me concerned

I nodded and thanked him.

To calm my nerves I started to smoothen out my pink crop top. I had jeans with stars on them on and white sandals.

"Laura you'll be fine. We will be there with you the whole time and it's only one song" Rydel said

"But what if I forget the lyrics" I started going over various scenarios of what could go wrong and what I could do wrong.

"Then you just point the microphone to the crowd or let Ross sing the part that you forgot," Riker said

I nodded and sighed.

I can do this

***

I can't do this, I can't do this.

As I peeked behind me I saw Ross shaking his head.

Damnit!

"Can we give it up for my awesome friends and people that you probably came to see" a man that was on stage before us chuckled and announced us.

"You know that guy?" I asked Rydel who was in front of me

She shook her head and smiled "That's how it goes in this industry"

I nodded and saw a glimpse of lights come to me from the stage. My nerves started to wake again. All I was able to concentrate on was not puking all over Rydel's head.

"It's going to be fine" Ross whispered behind me and I nodded trying to convince myself that what he said is true.

Riker was already on stage getting his guitar.

After him went Rocky, Ratliff, Rydel...

"Go before me," I said and moved to stand behind him

He shook his head and went on stage. The crowd roared when they saw him and I took one last breath.

I can do this.

It will be fine.

With one last glance to Ross, I ran on the stage.

Some clapped, some were very confused on what I was doing with them on stage,and some were very excited because they recognized me.

"Can we just give it up for our friend Laura. It's her first time singing on stage and she's a bit nervous" Ross said and I got some claps from it.

"For all of you people who are confused on why she's here and who she is... you might have seen her on youtube under a username Laura Marano and that talented lady is a model as well. She released her first song not too long ago so we will sing that song first" Rydel explained

I nodded and got close to the mic. I speared one more glance Ross' way and looked at all the people who were here to support them obviously and maybe some of them are here to support me.

"My song is called The Middle. I hope you like it" I said and heard Riker start to play the melody of the song.

A blue fog started to go out of the fog machines as my voice was heard through the microphone.

"T-Take a seat" I stuttered a bit, but kept going "Right over there, sat on the stairs. Stay or leave,"

By the end of the song, I was filled with adrenaline and excitement. People started clapping and I just felt genuinely happy.

We got into a group hug on stage as they congratulated me.

"You were awesome," Riker said

"Totally" I could hear Rydel yell

"Even better than Ross" Ell said and Ross glared at him until he turned to me

"You were brilliant" he said and I thanked him

They started to prepare for the next song they were going to sing while I went backstage where Ben engulfed me in a hug.

"Ben I can't breathe" I complained and he chuckled

"Sorry... I'm just very proud of you"

That really means a lot.

They were singing the newest song Hurts Good. I kept mumbling words that I knew.

"You are really bad at that you know" Ben commented on my low skill of recognizing the lyrics

"Oh shut up and let me enjoy myself" I grinned at him "Who gave you my number?!!!! They deserve a PayPal-" I sing, but get interrupted by Ben's annoying laugh

"They deserve a PayPal?!!" he continued to laugh

"Well, then how does it go?" I asked feeling redness come across my cheeks

"Pay bump" he chuckled "not PayPal"

"I was close!!" I shouted but laughed

He was still chuckling by the time they came backstage. They looked at him, then at me and then at him again.

"She said-" he was cut off short by his own laugh, "she said PayPal instead of pay bump"

Ross smiled and looked at me amused

"Why would someone deserve a PayPal after they gave someone they're number?" he asked me

I rolled my eyes and tried to change the subject which didn't go so well since they talked about it the whole way to our hotel.

Lucky me!

I was being sarcastic...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to find a way to inform you guys of my updates and stuff, but I don't know what social media platform to use.

Any ideas?

I hope you liked this chapter as much as I did. Obviously, this is the start so nothing much is really happening, but I need them to get close to something to actually happen.