f o r t y s i x

Raye POV

It took a while but I got into London at eleven-ish, more specifically I got to the Halo tower at around twenty past eleven. I was feeling so nostalgic right now the only thing that was keeping me believing that this wasn't a dream or nightmare was that I had Keegan's warm small hand in mine as she stood next to me. I got into the elevator with her and very quickly we were on the correct floor which is when the doors beeped open yet very slowly I stepped out and I made my way to my old flat I unlocked the door and switched on the lights to see everything the way I left yet some things had gathered an incredible amount of dust but that was to be expected. As I went to close the door behind us I saw the flat door opposite mine opened and out stepped Cal and Sarah, they didn't see me and I could barely see them but I heard Sarah's laugh and instantly knew it was her. What I didn't realise at the time was that Keegan had let go of my hand.
"Keegan!" I called out to her multiple times and I searched the house very quickly but when I searched every room in the house and realised that she wasn't in here I started to panic so I rushed outside and saw her hat on the floor outside of Cal's flat so I knew that she had gone inside the door had obviously closed behind her so she was locked inside but I still had a spare key to his flat so I got out the key that attached to mine and I unlocked the door. When I stepped inside I could hear Keegan giggling so I followed the sound of her laughter to find her being licked and lightly nudged by Herb who was rushing around her, I laughed at the sight but I picked up Keegan and made an attempt to get away which quickly failed when the front door unlocked and in stepped Cal but he wasn't with Sarah anymore he was on his own showing nothing but a pale face.
"Hi Cal." I said softly with a slight smile
"Saz! Sarah!" Cal shouted out of the flat and very quickly I heard the heels that belonged to Sarah rushing down the hall
"What is it? What's- wrong." Her face dropped when she saw me standing in front of me.
"Hello Saz." I say with a guilty smile, Keegan started waving at the couple who were now the same colour as the walls.
"Raye what are you doing in the flat? More importantly what are you doing in London?" Cal asked me with confusion, I just stood in silence because I couldn't get any words out so I started to walk away very quickly but was stopped when Sarah grabbed my arm and pulling me back almost making me drop Keegan.
"Careful!" I snap at her as I hold Keegan tighter in my arms
"Sarah call everyone they need to be here." Cal said to Sarah as she got out her phone. I walked over to the sofa and sat down letting Keegan sit on the floor and play with Herb who wouldn't leave her alone.

(*Time Skip*)

Eventually everyone had arrived the only person we were missing was Simon. All eyes were on me with the occasional look towards Keegan.
"Why are you back Raye?" Talia asked me very seriously
"Well I-" I was about to explain when the door opened and in walked Simon, I turned around in my seat to face him
"What was so important that you rang Sarah?" He asked as he walked into the living room, I stood up from my seat and he looked up from his phone and we made eye contact.
"Raye." He breathed out almost completely inaudible to the ear
"Simon. Happy birthday." I say to him as I start to walk closer to him so that we were facing each other only a few centimetres apart from each other, we stared into each other's eyes for a little while before either one of us spoke.
"I can't do this." Simon said unexpectedly before he rushed out of the house.
"Simon!" I call after him "look after Keegan." I say to Sarah as I rush out of the flat after Simon who was walking down the hall which is when I grabbed his hand to stop him. "Simon look at me." I tell him but he doesn't turn around "Simon please." I ask and very slowly Simon turns around to face me.

"Why are you here?" He asked bitterly
"I wanted to come back, I wanted to see you, and the others." I tell him honestly
"I got your text by the way. If you had my number all this time then why didn't you call or text me why did I have to find out through the boys that you had left after I spent a whole day looking for you that you had just upped and left!" He said in anger
"So they told you the." I mumble
"Of course they did! How could you think that they would keep something like that from me Raye they may be your friends but I have known them longer than you and there is no way that they wouldn't tell me something like this especially if it's about you who I-" he was so caught up in the moment that he was about to say something but then he stopped himself which made me question what it was that was stopping him from doing so.
"You what Simon?" I ask him
"Doesn't matter." He sighed as he started to walk from me again
"Stop walking away from me! It obviously does matter and I'm sick of you starting to tell me something and then suddenly back out!" I snap at him
"Oh that is rich coming from you! The girl who is known for running away and this time comes back with a child! I mean who is she?" He asks me
"She is my daughter and she has a name she is called Keegan." I say to him
"Well who's the dad?" He asks me
"Do you really have to ask that?" I ask him "anyway this has got nothing to do with Keegan and Harry this is about you and me." I tell Simon.

"There is no 'me and you' Raye we're done." Simon says clearly upset
"Don't say that Simon. Please I came back for you because I realised that I can't be without you and I don't know why it has taken me so long to realise that you're the only person who I want to be with." I say as tears fall down my face
"It's too late Raye I've moved on."
"If you have moved on then why can't you look me in the eyes when you say this to me. Tell me that you don't love me and I'll leave you alone for good. I'll take Keegan and we'll go back to Newcastle and you won't see either of us again if that's what you want?" I ask Simon as I stand in front of him still crying lightly. Simon and I stood there for a few minutes before I finally understood "fine I'll see you around." I sigh in sadness as I turn to walk away from him I get as far as a couple of feet with my head hanging low, Simon grabbed hold of my shoulders and turned me so I was facing him, he wiped away the tears that were falling and suddenly he crashed his lips into mine.
"What was I thinking, I lost you once before I'm not going to let it happen again I was broken when you left me." Simon said sadly, I then quickly wrapped my arms around him and he did the same.

We walked back into the flat to see everyone standing by the door obviously listening to everything that was being said between Simon and I.
"So you're a mum." JJ says breaking the silence which makes us all laugh
"Yeah and I love her to pieces." And just as I say that Keegan comes stumbling in with Herb chasing after her so I swooped her up in my arms and she started to laugh and giggle which earned smiles from everyone
"You're really good with her Raye." Tobi says to me
"I have to be. I'm all she's got and she's all I got." I tell him as I kiss her head
"Well not anymore you have us and so does Keegan." Simon smiles down at me
"What about Harry? Does he know about Keegan?" Gee asks me
"No I didn't even know I was pregnant until I was eight months gone." I say
"So you didn't show?" Freya asked and I shook my head
"I didn't feel her move I wasn't sick either I only found out when I went to the doctors about having back pains."
"Wow. You know Harry is going to have to know right?" Cal told me
"I know." I sigh heavily to them all
"Better late than never." Nia tells me
"I suppose." I get out my phone and ring Harry.
'R-Raye what's wrong?' He asks me
"Come to Cal's I need to tell you something." I say as I end the call, I look down at Keegan and smile "bit of a strange birthday don't you think Keegs?" I ask her
"It's Keegan's birthday today?" Simon asks me and I nod with a slight smile and he smiles back at me and then at Keegan also.