1장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"Let me sleep!"

Do Inhwa was the opposite of a morning person. She was a cheerful and happy girl... but not in the mornings and that was the reason why her Manager Son Woochan got slapped in the face by a Teddybear shaped body pillow and knocked to the ground.

"Inhwa-yah, don't be like that today. Please." - "I shot a goal yesterday night. I should be allowed to sleep in today, Oppa!" She whined and rolled across the queen-sized bed making various sounds her Manager couldn't make out.

"You could sleep in when you were only a soccer player. But you've become a Face in the crowd, Inhwa." Woochan stood up and started picking up the pillows and blankets the seventeen-year-old had thrown around. "People want to see you, Inhwa. You're a role model!" Woochan stepped closer to the bed, standing on his tiptoes to see if Inhwa was about to attack him once more.

But the soccer player was covered in blankets and snorting. "She fell asleep again? Seriously?!" Woochan moved his hands through his hair and sighed. "Why is she like that?" He took the body pillow, that was still in his hands and started beating Inhwa with it.

In the span of two seconds, the soccer player stood in the middle of the bed, threatening Woochan with her fist. "Don't ever do that again!" She growled but Woochan only laughed. "You're up! Great! Now go and wash up we have an appointment at the Salon in half an hour."

With a pout on her lips, Inhwa climbed out of the bed and pushed her manager out of the way before disappearing into the bathroom. Woochan, already drained at seven in the morning, walked into the living room and sat down on the couch, waiting for the young soccer player to get ready.

"Why did I think this was a good idea?" He asked himself and leaned back when he heard Inhwa sing under the shower. "Thank god she can at least play soccer." He said and closed his eyes once more, drifting into a power nap.

― 💌 ―

"It's unfair that you can sleep but I have to get up because of stupid appointments," Inhwa spoke when she woke Woochan up and walked behind him to the car. "What schedule are we having today?" The soccer player asked and climbed into the back seat of Woochans black Mercedes.

"First we have an appointment in the Salon, then a pre-recording for a Soccer show. Did you practice your English?" Woochan asked and started speaking to Inhwa in English. "Miss Do, what international teams are, in your opinion, most likely to win 2018's World Cup?" - "In my opinion, our South Korean men are very well trained but I think Germany and Argentina are strong opponents as well," Inhwa answered in perfect English which made Woochan smile.

"After that pre-recording, we will grab lunch in that Diner in Myeongdong. They asked us to promote their shop and it will get a lot of teenagers to come, as you're in their age rank." - "What Diner?" Woochan stopped at a red light. "It's called YEBIN'S DINER and pretty popular among college students but it has a healthy menu and that's what we're promoting," Woochan said and started the engine once more.

"And this afternoon we have a meeting at SM Town. They want one of their Artists to be involved in one of our projects so we have to see what they want as well." Woochan finished their schedule for today and Inhwa sighed. "Don't worry, I'll let you sleep in tomorrow and make all the appointments and meetings in the afternoon."

Inhwa smiled at the thought of sleeping in and happily leaned back in her seat. "I'll behave today then." She grinned and looked out of the window. 

Inhwa was only seventeen years old but already a professional soccer player for South Korea's female U17 team. It would be her last year of being in the U17 team before moving to the U20's. She was not only famous for her pastel pink hair, but also for being the only 'Lefty' in their team. 

She always had played soccer with her left foot and that made her stand out.

The reason her popularity boomed all of a sudden was a video of her and her teammate Park Jiwoo dancing and singing to Wanna One's "Energetic". The two teenager proudly presented that they were big fans of the band and Wannable's have started spreading the video.

Days later Son Woochan was drowning in messages and invitations for Inhwa to come to their show, to be the face of this and that product and because Woochan couldn't choose by himself he asked Inhwa what she wanted to do. And Inhwa picked Innisfree who had asked her to become the face of her newest lip tint range.

And since those pictures have dropped everyone was talking about Do Inhwa.

She wasn't just a soccer player anymore. She was a representative of South Korea.

Woochan sighed when he parked in front of the Salon and saw that Inhwa had fallen asleep already. He softly woke her and dragged her into the room. Once seated on a chair Inhwa slowly woke up and watched the Stylist to plait her hair into her trademark ponytails.

"Did you see the match?" Inhwa asked the Stylist after some time. The woman smiled but shook her head. "I didn't know you had a match lately." - "It was yesterday. I made an epic goal in the 88th minute!" Inhwa told her proudly and the Stylist laughed. "That must have felt like a thrill, right? Two minutes before the game ended. Impressive." 

Inhwa could see that the woman had absolute no knowledge about soccer or whatsoever so she stopped forcing her to speak about it. "Any news to Idols or so?" Inhwa asked instead and the woman started smiling. "TVXQ had a comeback, ah, I am in love. My husband almost kicked me out when I watched the music video at home." The woman chuckled and Inhwa lifted her head.

"Wanna One had a comeback as well. But I am not a big fan of their new song. I liked 'I.P.U' more." Inhwa said and the Stylist laughed before asking the soccer player to close her eyes so she could start the eye makeup.