Chapter 1

Cold.... so very cold. the gentle breeze of the winter air blew through the cracks of her glass windows on the frail skin of the teenage blonde. she slowly turned, covering her shoulders with her thick fluffy blanket. She opened one eye to look at the clock on the right side of her room. it was midnight... She suddenly felt so restless. with a soft groan she slowly sat up and rubbed her green eyes. she pulled up the straps of her white tank top then stood from her bed. she grabbed her purple silk robe from her desk chair then put it over herself. she sniffled quietly then walked out of her small room.

once she arrived into her kitchen she immediately walked to her fridge..she opened it, finding herself a small jug or orange juice. after closing the door, she saw a small shadow near the entrance of the kitchen. her eyes still hazy from waking up a few minutes ago. she raised an eyebrow and yawned. "hello....?" she asked then looked behind her. she grabbed a kitchen knife from the drawer then looked back at the entrance... nothing. out of curiosity she slowly walked over to the mahogany door frame. she slowly peeked around... darkness..  an area with nothing but black. her eyes widened and she suddenly turned back to the safety of the light in the kitchen. she gripped her knife firmly then slid to the floor.

'what was that...?' she thought then closed her eyes tight. the safety of her mind to comfort her.

there she was, in a beautiful field. laying in the warm grass surrounded by daises. the sun shining bright with no cloud in the sky.

her braided bleach blonde pigtails cascading down her shoulders as she wore her favorite light blue short sleeve shirt. she wore her favorite short jeans, perfect finger tip length. she looked down at her shoeless feet and smiled. "Clementine? Clementine?!"

She heard a voice call for her, then she suddenly opened her eyes.

her father stood in front of her, looking down at her in concern. Clementine looked up at her father's face, after seeing his big bare feet. "yes dad...?" she asked calmly as she held onto her knife.

Her father's dark brown eyes widened, "baby....give me the knife please." He said as He slowly held out his hand.

Clementine calmly gave him the knife then stood. she whipped off her smooth black sleeping shorts then looked back up at him. "what..?" she asked as her father continued to stare at her in concern.

"what were you doing with this?" He asked then put the knife back in the drawer.

"I just saw something over there... I think it was just Dixie sleeping." she said as she pointed towards the corner where she looked. she knew it wasn't her dog... it was human. He nodded, "I see." He patted her head then smiled. "go back to bed baby. I'll make some grits for ya."

Clementine smiled widely, "alright!" she patted his cheeks and chuckled. "I'll see you in the morning." she walked away from her father quickly and towards her room. her father sighed then walked back to his room.

Once Clementine entered her room, she quickly closed the door behind her. she took a deep breath then sighed relief. she then turned around and froze. her eyes widened at the sight. something was creating a shadow beyond her window. she slowly sat back down, her back against the door then she looked towards her desk. she slowly reached over and opened the drawer. the shadow was the same figure of what she saw earlier. as she opened the drawer, the figure suddenly moved and looked towards her direction. her eyes widened and her heart pounded rapidly, enough to start making her wheeze. she gripped a pencil from the desk and quickly stood. "g-get back..." she said as she swallowed hard. the shadow just stared... no answer.

Clementine grabbed another pencil then threw it. the shadow suddenly flinched and ran away. she was more terrified... the inside of the walls started to make scratching noises. tears formed in her eyes as she started to crawl to her bed.

"Clementine.... " a whisper of a child said before the scratching stopped. Clementine froze as she trembled. she looked towards her bathroom door and began to whimper. "g-go a-away..." she said as she began to crawl again.

"Clementine! " the voice shouted as she continued crawling. "no! leave me alone!" she shouted then jumped onto the bed then held her ears.

"Clementine!! please! Clemen-" the voice suddenly stopped... silence filled the room. Clementine didn't trust it... silence made her more scared. she gripped her pencil then looked towards her bathroom door. "who are you?" she asked quietly then bit her lip.

"I'm Satan." the voice suddenly whispered and laughed.... the voice came from behind her.

Clementine looked behind her slowly then gasped.

a boy was there.... He looked lifeless and blood dripped from his mouth. his eyes were bright blue... his hair white along with his skin. Clementine stayed silent and stared at him with wide eyes.

"What's wrong Clementine? ~" the boy asked as his voice deepened and He slowly grew older. Clementine held still, she was petrified. She slowly crawled forward and hit the head bored of her bed. The ghost smirked as He stopped aging. He was exactly her age, seventeen . He crawled onto the bed and towards her. "Clementine ~" He chuckled and stopped in front of her. He grabbed her ankle, making her tremble more and she started to cry silently.

"Go away.... please...." she said quietly

the ghost suddenly laughed, "really? you think I'm gonna hurt you?!" He crawled up so his arms and chin rested on her knees. "I'm teasing you. I died here long ago, and I'm happy." He smiled widely.

Clementine held still as she stared at him in confusion. "Satan-"

"Don't call me that. I'm White. I just said that to tease you." He interrupted and held out his hand.

Clementine shyly shook it, his hand was so cold. "how do you know my name...?"

White laughed, "I've watched you grow up you retard."

Clementine frowned and hugged her knees to her chest. "get out... I need to sleep..." she mumbled and hid her face.

White laughed and nodded. "sure." He pushed her over and smiled. He then ran off the bed and through the bathroom door. Clementine sighed and covered herself with blankets... 'what the heck just happened....?' she thought before slowly closing her eyes.

When morning came, birds chirped as the warm sun light hit her room. Clementine groaned as she got up slowly, then tightened her robe. She stepped on the cold floor then walked back towards the kitchen. She smiled at the smell of Bacon probably her father cooking on the stove. She walked into the kitchen, smiling at her father then walking to the table and sitting down. "morning dad!" her dad looked back at him and smiled. "morning Clem." he then went back to cooking.

Clementine suddenly remembered what happened to her last night.... something that suddenly spun in her head like a spinning top rolled around all over a table. She looked out the window then her eyes widened. white was just outside... he was playing with a green rubber ball he found in Clementine's old toy basket. her father came back and set down her food. "penny for your thoughts." he chuckled. Clementine looked up at him and fake smiled, She was terrified.. what if White came in? She then looked down at the plate of Bacon and grits her father handed her then sighed. "I was just thinking about mother that's all." She lied.

"ah I see... I miss her too." he nodded then sipped some of his hot coffee from his plain light blue coffee mug. Clementine looked back out for white but he was gone.. She raised an eyebrow then shook her head. She then began eating a piece of her Bacon. "so school is around the corner... new people, new school. I'm sorry about the change, but you'll meet new friends. I know it." he father chattered as Clementine still pondered over the mysterious man who haunted her room.

Clementine finished then stood, leaving a few bites of grits left. "I'm going to go for a walk after I get dressed." She mumbled then headed upstairs.