9

Everything went as planned as Sanji and Zoro lined up aliases and got Luffy under control. Sanji talked to everyone at Peach and figured out a good story which payed off because a couple days later when Sanji showed up at the bar they said some police officers had stopped by to ask them a few questions. Robin said they also stopped by her place and Sanji had to triple check to make sure she was okay.

As for Luffy, well, he was much harder to deal with. Zoro bribed him with food but once he finished eating his mind was on Ace. They tried to explain to him Ace's situation but it went right over his head. So, they opted to telling Luffy that Ace would be coming home and that if Luffy left the house he would be missing his arrival. This kept him at bay and any other stirrings he had were coaxed away by food.

Zoro and Sanji accepted any job that came their way, desperate for money because most of it was now being burned on Luffy's crazy eating habits. And, as Smoker had jokingly said, they did help some old ladies cross the street, along with helping them shop for groceries and other simple tasks for some money. Sanji even offered to work a couple nights at Peach, which Zoro refused, but it was still an option.

Overall, business as usual.

"Food," Zoro grumbled, walking into the kitchen with a bottle of sake in his hand. He sat down at the kitchen table, opening the bottle and filling up his guinomi.

"It's before dinner, you know?" Sanji irked, sighing then after."Hold on, I'll make you some sakana."

Zoro grunted back, downing his sake and moving to fill up another cup."I'm going to Mihawk's after this," Zoro mumbled, downing another cup.

Sanji stopped what he was doing, turning to Zoro."Why?"

"To fight, what else?"

"No, no, no, not now. This isnt the best time to be doing stuff like that," Sanji rushed, attempting to get his point across. These "fights" Mihawk and Zoro had were not the most lawful things. Zoro would stop at nothing to beat Mihawk, since he was his own personal goal strength wise, which meant that buildings and even people could be hurt in this process and that was a no go right now.

"It's fine. The police are okay with him fighting," Zoro said nonchalantly.

"Right now is not a good time, do it later," Sanji argued back, going back to preparing food.

"I told him I was coming," Zoro strained, sounding like he was finally giving in.

"How?" Sanji questioned. They didn't have his number and even if they did, they probably wouldn't be able to call him since Sanji was sure they had both run out of minutes on their crappy prepaid phones.

"Perona found me."

"Ah..." Sanji sighed, feeling Zoro's unrest."Well I'm sure he's heard about the investigation. He'll understand." Zoro just grunted back."Here's some kaki-pi, I'll be done with the salted squid soon so wait just a bit." Another grunt.

There was a knock at the door, and Sanji didn't even bother to ask Zoro to answer it, knowing the swordsman wouldn't budge. He opened the door to find Trafalgar Law, pro surgeon with a shitty attitude. Zoro and Sanji weren't to fond of him but Luffy liked him so they put up with his attitude.

"Hello, Blackleg-ya," Law said, sword clutched in one hand, large bag in the other. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Zoro perk up, feeling his discomfort.

"Lets skip the pleasantries," Sanji said, blocking off his entrance into their home in case he tried to sneak inside."Why are you here?"