Chapter One

Four hours ago ...

He couldn't do it. The need to pleasure Brother Joseph is no longer there. He wanted to please God not Brother Joseph. Jesus said he'll never leave us nor forsake us so why must he do this? Was this God's plan from the very beginning?

Wasn't his prayer for forgiveness is enough for purity? Winter gaze away from the solid brick wall, isolated from the outside world Winter never knew what it is like outside these walls. He waited to complete his duty for purity, only Brother Joseph can cast out the demons within him. Confused with his own mind, why should he question the temple?

"God is very pleased with you. Soon you'll join the others for the blood moon ceremony" said Brother Joseph. Winter shivered, his hand touch his bare chest slightly over the symbol of God's Temple burned onto his skin. Winter remember the scar like it happened yesterday, his small little body screaming for his mother and father. Both praying to God to accept their son. The hot iron burns onto his skin, his high pitch scream echo within the church. Then baptised to be born again as it says in the bible.

Winter blink away the tears, emotion is a sin. Sadness is a weakness in the eyes of the brothers and Pastor Lincoln. Shamelessly spreading his legs, Winter welcomed Brother Joseph to purify his body. The man undressed revealing bible verses scarred onto his skin. A knife ready for use in one hand, Winter waited for the unbearable pain to begin. He endures the torture, fighting the nightmare before him Winter can only lay and present himself to God.

"F-Father forgive for I have sinned" Winter sobbed. He can no longer do this, how is this be the ways of God? Winter closed his legs shuffling away from Brother Joseph. Trapped within his dark gaze Winter screamed as the knife stab into his thigh.

"You dare disobey God! That is the work of Satan!" Brother Joseph roared. Nowhere to run or hide, he's trapped alone with Brother Joseph. All Winter could do repent his sins begging for forgiveness. He's a sinner and always will be, he has forsaken God like Adam and Eve.

His body trapped within his large one, Winter screamed as the knife carved the name of Satan. He never felt such pain before, nothing compared to what he endured all these years since birth. His body bloodied and bruised, Brother Joseph carried his weak body for further punishment. From that moment Winter wanted to die, he pleaded with God to forgive him. If only God could accept his forgiveness Winter would welcome his fate.

"God has saved us! He revealed the works of Satan! A wolf in a sheep's clothing, we must worship our heavenly father." said Pastor Lincoln. Gasps filled the room, their look of horror shamed Winter.

"Forgive me Father" Winter sobbed. His gaze pleaded to the temple as well as Pastor Lincoln.

"Silence demon! Your sin is an abomination!" He replied. His arms tied to a wooden post, a whip with hooks slices onto his skin. An excruciating scream released from Winter with skin hanging from his body. His knees drop the ground with his arms hung above his head. His visions blurred, all he could see is his twin brother pushing through the crowd.

"Stop! Please forgive him!" Jacob pleaded. Winter pleaded his brother to say with the crowd his stubbornness refuses to listen. Revelation dawned on him, God's Temple supposes to help him become the chosen one of many. During his childhood Winter believe the acts of man were from God. Little boys and girls experiencing their first intercourse at the age of six.

Winter thought it was normal, their praise pleased him. All he ever wanted is to be accepted by his parents. Doing the works of God made no difference. Winter doubted himself many times but chose to ignore it. Is this really the works of God? Winter read the bible every day as instructed, the word of God states something different from what Pastor Lincoln preaches.

As the judgement ceremony ended Winter left alone inside a cell for as long as Brother Joseph wants to him to be. Winter went down to his knees praying to God but no answer returned. He has forsaken God and now only the devil responds to his pleas. Winter always afraid of the dark, when he was a little boy temple brothers spoke of Lucifer lurking in the shadows and darkness. His body trembled, the sound of his whimpers can only be heard.