Chapter Two

His eyes open to the bright shining upon him. Jacob by his side holding his weak injured body, Winter begged his brother to not anger God any further. His lack of faith will taint their bloodline more than it already is.

"I do not believe brother, this isn't God's doing" he said. After stealing the keys from Brother West as he slept Jacob can no longer become pure.

"This is madness. You mustn't do this Jacob, God is our witness. He knows the sins we've commit" Winter replied. Jacob continue to deny the works of God. The sound of shouts can be heard from the distance, they already notice their disappearance.

"I-I'll hold them off, you must run Winter and never look back. Mother and father may failed you but I won't. God will guide you to your freedom, he'll never leave you nor forsaken you" he said. Winter held onto his brothers wrist dragging him with him. Jacob held his baby brother one last time, he knew the truth Winter doesn't know. After discovering the true works of the brothers and Pastor Lincoln, Jacob knew he needed to save his brother. This is the act of the devil not God.

"No! Please don't do this" Winter pleaded to Jacob. His eldest brother can only smile sadly handing him a golden cross he holds dearly. The hunting dogs bark on every direction, they're close to them.

"There isn't much time, you need to leave!" said Jacob. A loud bang startled us both, Jacob drop to the ground groaning in pain. Blood coating his white gown, his shoulder covered in blood. He stared in the eyes of the temple brothers, why would they do this?

"RUN! RUN AND NEVER LOOK BACK" Jacob yelled. Jacob look at his youngest brother one last time and push him towards a steep hill. Winter cried his name as he fell hitting trees along the way. Winter tried his best climb the hill, another bang startled the birds above him. He didn't want to leave him, he will never forgive himself. His body too weak to move, Jacobs words repeat within his mind.

He couldn't rest, struggled to stand using a tree for support. His body ached from the slightest movement. Winter look up to the sky praying to God to give him strength. He wanted to be forgiven and for his brothers soul.

Winter ran as fast as he could, running to an unknown direction hearing barks from the hunting dogs. Blood coating his white gown from the ten whips he endured. God is his witness, he's a sin to the holy spirit. He sinned denying pleasure to Brother Joseph, the cuts on his back is proof of God's punishment.

He needed to find a road or someone to help him escape. After witnessing the death of his biological brother, Winter finally discover the true horror of God's Temple. What has become of his faith? God punishing him for his sins, revealing the true revelation to his unfaithful heart. Born and raised in God's Temple, Winter hadn't known the horror he and his brother endured.

God is justice. God is our savior. Doing the works of God to save our souls from humanity. Only serving our brothers will please God, impregnating women with their seed to extend their love and future generation of God's Temple. How far has he fallen from faith?

Winter needed to pray, to repent his unfaithful heart and spirit. He's with lucifer, Pastor Lincoln spoke the words of God. Its God's justice and judgement speaking through Pastor Lincoln. The holy oil from the promise land will do nothing to save his soul. God has abandoned him, killing his brother as punishment.

"Find him!" yelled Brother West. Winter continue running ignoring his injured body, he won't be able to travel far. Winter ran in different directions hoping to cover his trail. Tears roll down his cheek remembering his brother, they killed him. After tumbling down the hill Winter felt within his heart Jacob is no longer there.

Tears blurring his vision, Winter screamed feeling teeth bite into his leg. He screamed and kicked the dog as hard as he could. Winter sobbed for help, begging for anyone to find him. Running on solid ground Winter continue running.