Hugs and Monsters

¨Stanford?¨  I looked towards Stanley then to the man standing next to him.  The man gave me a more confused look.  

¨Stanley, who is this?¨  the man said pointing at me.

I counted the digits on his hand.  6.  I felt my heart flutter a little.  The six fingered smarty pant I had a thing for ever since we first met was standing right in front of me.  After 30 long years, I got to see my only friends.  I held up my hands to Stanford.  His face changed from confused, to a realization.  

¨Hey Stanford, how long has it been?  30 years?  I didn't think I'd see you or Stanley again,¨  I said gleefully.

Stanford took a step towards me, then paused.  Then rushed towards me.  He embraced me in a hug that I haven't felt in a long time.  As usual, I hugged back.  He smelled of old books, tea and something else I couldn't really put my finger on.  I liked the smell.  We let go of each other and there was an awkward silence.  Then, finally, he broke it.

¨So, I was told that you wanted to investigate the anomalies in Gravity Falls...,¨  he said while scratching the back of his head.

¨Yeah, after I couldn't get in contact with either of you, I finished school and spent most of my time at the library,  Then, one day I stumbled upon a book about anomalies and then the next thing I knew, I was on a bus heading to Gravity Falls,¨  I explained.

The twins looked down at their feet.  Guilt.  Something I've felt before.  I didn't really want to know what they were doing or where they were during the time we were seperated.  It's none of my business because it's not my life, it's theirs.  I have feelings for Stanford that have grown smaller and smaller since I haven't seen him in a long time, but they're still feelings that I have buried for the longest time due to my research.  Most nights I spend taking notes on what I have found, studied, and experienced.  Not sleeping much.  Just sitting around in a f/c sweater and casual black pants, reading and writing about weird stuff, drinking alot of cold water to keep me awake.  I used to be shorter than both of the Pines twins, but now, I'm as tall as Stanford.  And that's an accomplishment.  I snapped out of my thoughts.  

¨Speaking of anomalies, I wanted to speak with Dipper about what he has seen so far in Gravity Falls,¨  I asked.

Stanley nodded and pointed to the stair leading up.  I nodded and headed that way.

(Stanford POV)

Y/N left.  I let out a sigh and turned to my brother.  I never thought I'd see her again.  Or Stanley, but more of Y/N because, well, Stanley is my brother and Y/N is a friend.  She was a weird one like me and my brother.  But, I never expected her to get into the same thing I did.  But, I wish I had tried to contact them before I disappeared...