² blueberry pancakes and peach lips

"So, seven days right?" Geoff spoke up after swallowing a bite of his chicken-fajita-omelette. He glanced at Awsten, who was sitting across from him in the booth, and then at Jawn, who was seated beside him, minding his own business with his banana-bread-toast.

"Yeah, I think so." Awsten replied, since Jawn was obviously not willing to.

The slight up and down movement of Geoff's head told Awsten he didn't need to continue talking, he had his answer, but Awsten did anyways.

"I'm really excited about this place. LA has been just a wonderland in my head ever since I was a kid. I'm looking forward to gaining another friend and seeing what it's really like around here."

Geoff gave a nod. "Yep, that's what all the tourists and newbies say."

Awsten looked up and rose a brow. Hm, quirky, he thought. He shrugged Geoff's response off and continued with his blueberry pancakes with blueberries sprinkled and blueberry syrup drizzled on top.

"Okay, so," Jawn began, setting his phone on the table beside his plate. He typed in his code and then went to his notes. He read off a list. "We're going to my studio to set up some live-shots, then later we'll go out and try to find a nice place to shoot. I already have a few places in mind, but it's always better to look."

"You have a studio here?" Awsten's eyes seemed to widen with amazement and disbelief.

"Yeah. I share it with some other photographers, though, that actually live here and can attend it more often."

"Hm." Was all Awsten bothered to respond with. He looked at Geoff when he started speaking.

"We could go to the Hollywood sign," the brunet suggested "or one of those cafes or delis with furniture and decorations that are aesthetic-picture-friendly."

"Sounds like my dream place." Awsten murmured.

"There's a college nearby, an ice-skating rink-"

"It's seventy degrees outside." Awsten interrupted. Geoff locked eyes with him.

"It's indoors."

"Oh."

Geoff looked back at Jawn, who was now looking back with interest. "But I mean, those places could mean nothing to you. Just some suggestions. There's a lot more I'm sure I haven't even seen yet, though."

Awsten watched Geoff's lips. They were the colour of a saturn-peach, their texture was even a bit rough and dry like one. But Geoff's tongue slipped out of his mouth for a split second, and then his lips were all of a sudden juicy and ripe again.

"Geoff. Saturn peach."

Awsten thought of a new nickname, though he would keep it to himself.

Jawn chuckled. "Alright, we'll see."

A waitress came by and dropped a receipt onto the table. She wished the men a good day and hurried away, attending another table.

"I'll pay." Awsten said before any sound could escape Geoff's parted slices of a Saturn peach.

"No no, you two are my guests. I will pay." Geoff then stood up with a credit card in hand, and made his way to the cash register while Awsten messed around in his pocket, gathering some bills. He stopped and watched Geoff go, then looked at Jawn.

"Already attracted?" Jawn hummed, finishing his toast while turning his phone off, not making eye contact.

Awsten just smirked. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. But he did know that peaches were his favourite fruit, and Geoff was one of his favourite few.