Chapter 4

Mark winced as he grew bigger, Tyler was trying his best to calm the beast down while Kathryn was inside trying to keep Chica calm. Amy and Ethan had been gone for a while now and in that time Mark had turned into a giant serpentine like dragon with the head of a wolf. He was still growing nonetheless, but not as fast. Tyler noticed the way Mark was looking at him, and felt very uncomfortable with it. The way he was looking at him made him so uneasy around his friend that he went inside and hid from his view.

     "Was Mark fed at all today? He's looking at me like I'm some kind of Snack for him!" Tyler asked Kathryn.

     "You were here when he wolfed down five pounds of chicken. I'm sure he's fine." Kathryn said. She was panicked too but didn't let her panic show.

     "You're right, but still, he's making me feel uneasy. I don't like the way he keeps staring at all of us."

     The two looked at Mark and saw that he was in a pouncing position, ready to strike. He was looking at them like he did the chicken, hunger and instinct controlling him at this point. He hissed, parting his jaws and licking his chops as he eyed his trapped prey down.

    "Right, you go out and get Mark some food, I'll make sure he doesn't leave." Tyler hissed to Kathryn. She nodded and grabbed Tyler's keys, then ran to the garage.

    "I'd rather not kill my friends, but it's either I starve or I eat you. I'm currently leaning towards the eating option." Mark purred. He didn't sound like himself at all; he sounded like a wild animal toying with it's prey. Tyler was hoping his friend wouldn't eta him, he was hoping they could fix this.

     Amy drove up to the house and saw Mark looking through the windows.

     "This is no where NEAR good." X said. "Not only is he starting to go feral, but two other people have been infected. One in New Orleans and one in Brighton."

     "What?" Amy and Ethan asked in unison.

     "You didn't hear about the giant raptor-stag in Brighton?"

     "Raptor?"

     "Yes. I can call them all to one location, but there will be casualties. Regardless, there will be more if we let them run loose. We must contain them in order to prevent an extinction."

     "What does that mean?" Ethan asked.

     "It means that if he eats whoever is in that house, then he will no longer accept the taste of any meat but human flesh. And a creature his size needs an eighth of the Los Angeles population to keep him well fed." X said.

     Mark snarled and advanced, stabbing his massive snout into the house in hopes of devouring something.

     Inside, Tyler was backed against the wall, his friend's maw inching closer as the beast pursued his prey. He tried to crawl away, but there was a couch and death's maw pinning him down. Chica barked francticly, begging for the madness to stop. He felt hot breath washed over him and curled into a futile position when suddenly, Mark screeched, snapping his jaws shut and scrambling to pull himself out to face his attacker. But unfortunately for him, he wasn't fast enough as he was bombarded with tranquilizers, and fell limp, his jaw hanging loosely as if he had just been killed. Tyler crawled out of the house and saw multiple helicopters hovering over head.

     "Oh no," X began, "The military got to him first."

(I LIIIIIIIIVE!!!! So, I'm back baby! I thought I lost all of my progress, and that I wouldn't be back, but, I am! Yay! So, here is chapter 4, I hope you enjoyed and, I'll see ya later!)