Chapter 4

I spent the next three hours in classroom, trying not to look at the clocks above various blackboards, and then looking at the clocks, and then being amazed that only a few minutes had passed since I last looked at the clock. I had nearly four years of experience looking at these clocks, but their sluggishness never ceased to surprise. If I am ever told that I have one day to live, I will head straight for the hallowed rooms of GEMS International School, where a day has been known to last a thousand years. But as much as it felt like last period physics would never end, it did, and then I was in the parking area with Sunny.
He was worried about his date. Farewell party was near and he had no one to go with. Though he had looked up for Aisha, Margo's best friend but he wasn't sure she will agree. So there was a lot of tension as after the farewell party board exam graduation ceremony was listed and then school over. He wanted to end up his school life in a relationship and not being single.
I went home. I ate two apples and Kisan roll as an early dinner. I watched Roadies on TV. My mother came home at six, and hugged me. We ate a paneer sbji as a proper dinner. She asked me about school and farewell party. She went to watch TV. I went to my room to check my email. I wrote a little bit contents in my journal. It was then sunny, and the Geek came online. In our conversation, he used the phrase girls are the most complex creatures four times," and I laughed each time. I told him I was happy for him, he is looking for a girlfriend. He said it would be a great summer. I agreed. It was May fifth, but it didntt have to be. My days had a pleasant fun about them. I had always liked that: I liked routine. I liked being bored. I didntt want to, but I did. And so May fifth could have been any dayuntil just before midnight, when Margo D' Souza slid open my screen less bedroom window for the first time since telling me to close it eight years before.