Chapter Eleven

Ophelia's PoV:

"Hey." I almost jumped out of my skin as Beatrice greeted me with a tap on the shoulder.

"Don't do that," I breathed out as I slammed my locker closed.

"Why?" She asked. Not in a rude way, more like curious.

"I just hate it when people do that," I answered.

"Well, you seem more on edge than usual. What's up?"

Should I tell her about what happened yesterday? I decided against it. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

"Okay... Whatever you say." She eyed me suspiciously. I simply shrugged it off.

"Come on, let's head off to class." As we were walking, I kept catching people staring and whispering to their friends. Looking at Tris, it seemed like she was noticing it as well.

"What's going on?" she whispered.

"I have no idea." Someone shouted our names and came running towards us. Jayjay's footsteps echoed through the school's main corridor.

"Did you hear what happened?" Jayjay puffed out in question. Tris and I shook our heads in reply. "I suggest you come and check this out. Now."

We took off running down the corridor. There sat a frantic Vivian with Charles and Nick trying to calm her down.

"What happened?" Theo asked, standing behind us.

"Penelope and her skanks," Nick answered. Theo and I looked at each other.

"Everything that I worked so hard to pay for is ruined because of that horrid little bitch," Viv spat. Only then I noticed that her locker was partially opened. I tapped Theo to get his attention and I motioned to the locker. Without a second thought, he revealed what was inside.

"Holy shit," I breathed out. The entire interior and contents were spray painted black and there were a group of around five dead spiders in the center. Along with a note, which Theo read out loud.

"My dear Vivian. Seeing as your friend Beatrice decided against listening to our advice, we suggest you do the opposite. Tell Ophelia to step down. Or our little present will only be the start. - P xxx."

"Wa-... Was that meant to be a threat?" I snorted.

"I think so," Theo replied, humor laced through his voice.

"Guess that's one of the many things those girls need to work on," I smirk and turned to a blank-face Vivian. "It's alright, Viv. There's nothing to worry about. Just a stupid cliché prank, that's all. Look, we two options. We can either go to Principal Harlow or we can handle it. Hopefully without making it any worse. Your choice."

"I don't know..." She trailed off.

"Well, let's talk about this for a sec," Nick began. "Knowing principals, they don't always know how to deal with this type of thing. Besides, Penelope likes to suck up to Principal Harlow. It's clear by the way how she gets away with everything. We're better off dealing with this ourselves."

"Agreed," Charles responded.

"Guys, just remember that we need to be super careful about this. Whatever we do cannot be classified as bullying. We need to take time to map every detail out," I explained.

"Fi's right. We can't get done or it means suspension," Beatrice added.

"Okay. I'll catch Dave and James up on everything at lunch. Let's get to class before we get detention," Charles volunteered.

"It's alright. You talk to James, I'll talk to Dave since I have American history with him up first." The conversation ended in us leaving for class. I headed towards History where I was greeted with a chorus of snickers by the girls. Taking a deep breaths, I walked past them. I knew that I couldn't say anything and it took every fibre in my body not to scream or punch the crap out of them.

"Hey, is everything okay?" Dave ask once I arrived at my desk. He face dropped as I explained everything that happened. Knuckles turning white as he kept himself from lashing out. "So what are we going to do?" He inquired.

"That is what we're planning on discussing at lunch."

"Alright class," Mr Stanford clapped his hands together. "Let's get this started."

The rest of the day went by rather steady. I was struggling with one of our topics in maths, so Theo invited me over for a study session. Discussing our plan at lunch concluded in us deciding that this will take a few days to map out. In my sign language class, which is like maybe sixteen people, I learnt how to sign 'I like turtles.' Don't ask why. I got bored. We did prompts in Writing and Comprehension, one of my least favorite things to do in English class back home. So, practically, it was a usual day for a high school student. Well, other than this morning.

~~~

Heyo.

Sorry for 1) the short chapter. 2) The late update.

I've been suffering from writer's block and I've been juggling two jobs and school.

Hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. Well, I think you are seeing as we've reached over 700 reads.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! *Rains confetti* *Has a dance party by myself*

Let's try to get it to 1k.

Thank you guys so much by the way. It means more to me than you can imagine.

The cover competition is still up and running if anyone is up to it. I've had a few ideas, but I don't have photoshop on my laptop so...
You guys probably have better ideas anyway.

Please share this story and vote, comment and follow me. I don't have many followers 😢

Kind regards, love y'all and peace out.

E.D. xxx