Pt 6: Conflicted

The black curtains blew gently allowing rays of sunlight to enter and illuminate the room. The light shun in my face causing me to shift discreetly under the soft blankets. I opened my eyes slightly as I felt a warmth slowly engulf my consciousness, my eyes widened when it became known to me that I was laying on Jeff’s bare chest with his arms wrapped around my small frame.

I cleared my throat as slowly moved out of his grasp and I stood up, “you’re really brave to wake me, you know” he spoke, without even moving a muscle. “Well you did say I was insane” I said and shrugged. He chuckled and sat on the edge of the bed, “you want clothes?” he asked  from behind me as I stared out the window. “Kinda need it, Jeff.”

“You alright?” he asked as I heard his voice get louder behind. I turned and my face immediately went red as my eyes dropped, “y-yes I’m fine” I said as I turned on my heels back to the window and face palmed, ‘FUCK I FORGOT HE WAS SHIRTLESS’

I heard his footsteps slowly get closer and I panicked, “could get me some clothes please” I blurted as my fists tightened and my eyes stayed shut. His footsteps paused and I heard him breathe out, “Fine, but there’s only my clothes, ‘cause clockwork isn’t here, Sally’s too small, Ann only wears uniforms and well Jane’s a bitch.”

“that’s fine” I breathed out. His resumed footsteps this time away from me and lead off into the closet as my stomach dropped, “god fucking damn” I said to myself as I sighed. I sat on the edge of my bed and unlocked my phone, hundreds of messages and calls from the rest of my family and unknown numbers came flooding in with threats. “Pfft” I scoffed and slammed my phone against my thigh causing the screen to shatter.

Jeff walked out a few minutes later, with a shirt on, thankfully and threw a black hoodie and a white shorts at my face, “Here.” “Um ow” I said as the clothes fell in my lap. He chuckled and moved to his dresser so his back faced me, “uh thanks” I said and stood up. I made my way over to the bathroom I used last night and locked the door. I threw ‘my’ clothes into a hamper at the corner of the room and turned on the shower.

I walked out the bathroom, trying to dry my hair with a towel and saw Jeff standing next to his bed doing the same. I tilted my head and looked back at the bathroom I used then at him, “how’d you shower?” I asked and as he held the towel in his hands and looked at me. A muscle in his jaw tensed and my head slowly lowered, ‘why can’t I keep his gaze?! Ugh! I’m frustrated with myself’,“there’s a bathroom over here” he said and pointed to a door next to his dresser.

“Slendy wants to talk to you” he said as he hung up his towel. “For?” I asked and quirked an eyebrow. “How should I know, do I look like a wizard?” he rolled his eyes and grabbed his hoodie. ‘is the white shirt he’s wearing not good enough?’ “No need to be an asshole” I said and rolled my eyes. A smirk slowly crept onto his face as if he enjoyed annoying me, he quickly pulled his hoodie over his head and cleared his throat as the smirk disappeared almost immediately, “let’s go.”

He walked into the kitchen and I followed behind sluggishly. As I entered the kitchen an odd looking boy in a green hoodie brushed up against the wall with a console in his hands caught my eye. I tilted my head as I examined him from head times toe, “Morning Ben” Jeff said as he walked pass the him.

The boy hummed and continued staring at the screen of his console. Jeff stepped back and grabbed the console out of his hands, “I said good morning” Jeff said louder and held the console above his head. “What the fuck dude, my game!” Ben yelled and reaches for his game, “just because you’re 6”1’ doesn’t mean you’re superior, I can still reach it, bitch!” Ben said and grabbed the console.

I laughed and jumped onto the counter, at my laughter, Ben’s attention snapped to me. He looked at Jeff then back at me, “and who’s the new cutie?” he asked and folded his arms as he leaned against the wall.  “That’s Rose” Jeff said as he rummaged through the fridge.