Pt 8.5: Falling

*Jeff’s POV*
I sprinted into the woods and looked around at the dark trees staring at me as my head spun out of control. I leaned myself against a tree trunk to aid me in holding up my body weight, ‘what am I doing?!’ I screamed at myself in my mind.

‘Get yourself together Jeff, she’s a girl, just a simple girl, she doesn’t mean anything...do I believe that...’ I hit my head hard, to get the thoughts of her being more than what she is, out of my mind. ‘No, Jeff! She’s pointless, just a distraction’ I scolded myself.

I started breathing heavily and my heart rate increased quickly, I was pissed, at what you ask? I have no idea. I harshly stuck the knife into the bark of the tree and punched the hard wood repeatedly until my knuckles bled. I took out the other knife and was about to throw it when when saw a small writing on the handle, ‘Rose. V’ carved into the wood. ‘She does it too..’

I ran my finger on the sharp blade as blood dripped from the newly opened wound, ‘what is she doing to me’ I gripped the tip of the blade and flung it into a tree, as small splinters flew out at the impact.

I pressed my back against a trunk and slid down it onto to damp dirt of the forest floor, “this isn’t me, it isn’t!” I yelled and grabbed my hair in frustration, “what am I doing..” I said softly as I reached up and grabbed the knife out of the tree.

~~~~~~
I’ve been slacking I know, but school’s a pain so updates are kinda all over the place. I promise to update when I can.
Hope you enjoyed!

{R.Jk}