02 | warm welcome

"THE ROOTS OF RACISM LIE DEEP IN MAN'S NATURE, WOUNDED AND BRUISED BY ORIGINAL SIN

"THE ROOTS OF RACISM LIE DEEP IN MAN'S NATURE, WOUNDED AND BRUISED BY ORIGINAL SIN."
- Sargent Shriver

MI-YOUNG PARK WAS LOST.

Feeling slightly heavy-hearted, she walked out of the studio in search of her next class.

While wandering the halls, she noticed another girl walking towards her.

In hopes to get directions to her next class, Mi-young attempted to grasp the blonde bombshell's attention, only to be rejected.

"Sorry I don't speak Chinese."

Mi-Young's bemused expression only caused the girl to roll her eyes.

"English. I only speak English. Understand? No Chinese, no Chinese."

Mi-young opened her mouth in attempts to rebuff the other's implications, only to be rejected yet again.

"Look I really need to get to class, sorry."

And with that, the benighted girl scuttled away.

Chinese? She doesn't speak Chinese? But I don't speak Chinese either?

"Excuse me."

Mi-young whipped her head around only to face the quite humorous boy from before.

"In case you couldn't see, class has started."

Why this little—

Mi-young forced herself to smile at the ignorant boy.

"It appears I cannot find my next class. Would you be so kind in helping me, please?"

I swear if this little brat says another—

"Sorry what was that? I couldn't understand you over your thick accent. Try going to the language department, I think they have someone that speaks your language."

And with that, the arrogant boy ambled away.

I swear I ought to smack that smirk off his smug little—

Mi-young huffed out a breath before scouring the halls to find her next class.

I hope Jimin is having a better day than I am.

~•~

Splashes of gold graced his face as the sun glazed down upon his skin while the wind screamed for the boy to slow down.

Late on the first day? Sorry mom.

The boy could only hear his thundering footsteps as he slapped the steps up to the gateway of his desired destination.

Barging into the silent and empty halls, the boy bolted towards his next class only to halt at the sight of a girl.

I guess I'm not the only one that's going to be late.

Her raven hair fanned her face and swept the bewilderment off of the boy's face before her.

It all happened at an instant.

The boy seemingly found himself in a predicament; his heart was suddenly enraptured by her beaming smile that put the shining daystar to shame.

"It appears I'm terribly lost. Can you please help me find the way to my next class? Please? Or maybe point the way to the language department, if it's too much of a bother for you?

A small smile slowly crept across his face.

How often do you find such a polite person around here?

Star-struck would be the perfect way to describe how he was at this very moment.

In his eyes, all he could see was an iridescent star with twinkling eyes and a glowing smile that took over her seemingly perfect face.

Her eyes.

Where are you ever going to find eyes like hers?

"Ireumeun Jungshook."

~•~

A/N: HELLO EVERYONE! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SWEET COMMENTS :") IT REALLY MADE MY DAY! I HOPE THIS CHAPTER ISNT AS BAD AS I THINK IT IS. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH HSKDLSJKS. HOPE YOU ALL ARE HAVING A GREAT MORNING/DAY/NIGHT!