{ 3 }

Hey again! I love how so many of you are expressing your love for this story, it means a ton! <3 Many of you requested some particular sequences that you wanted to see, so I hope this chapter fills your hearts with some warmth. I bet you all will like this chapter, no need for any tissues, except maybe happy tears! :P Thanks for the spams, girls! I have a few names, but I don't wanna make this too long. You've waited enough. Please, comment and share if it's worth! Thanks!

---

Nandini

Where the hell is that man?

I'd been waiting at the reception for over five minutes, yeah five, and Manik was nowhere to be spotted. I dialed his number a couple of times but he didn't bother to respond or even revert to them. First of all, after his taunt the other day, I'd stayed up all night to fill in his 'status reports' but that man! He must've just gone on a romantic vacation with that town girl of his. My own thoughts had the ability to flip my insides and make me nauseous. I was frustrated then.

I stormed through the office doors and headed straight to the department in-charge. He was reading an article and I interrupted him with my alarming temper. "Mr. Mehta, it seems to me that this project is being carelessly handled." I stated coldly, slamming my report file on his desk. I crossed my arms and tapped my foot restlessly; it was what I generally did to prove my authority. Mr. Mehta sat up straight, seemingly concerned. I realized he probably didn't know what I meant. I leaned over his desk. "My assistant had to collect some records from me yesterday, for which he was pestering me all week, but hardly bothered to make an appearance." I spat at him, rolling my eyes and Mr. Mehta made an apologetic face.

"I'm so sorry, Ms. Murthy. Actually, Mr. Malhotra was on leave yesterday and I was at fault. I had to arrange for a substitute but somehow, it slipped out of my mind. I apologize. Let me know what you'd like me to do for you." He was exceptionally polite but somehow, he didn't seem to impress me at all. To me, it seemed highly unprofessional that Manik, out of all people, just took a holiday without caring about anything else. Romantic vacation! I rolled my eyes.

"Could you call your 'potential' graphic designer? I'd like to speak to him." Mr. Mehta nodded in dismay. My temper was something, which was out of the world, and surprisingly, Manik was the only man in the world who could handle it. For some reason, it worked to my advantage too, for the most part. I heard a phone ring and turned to find him panting.

"I'm so sorry, Sir. I know I'm late." His appearance made it look like he'd struggled to make it there. I was going to charge at him but Mr. Mehta's presence held me back. I decided to wait until we were alone to deal with our troubles. He didn't even look at me once, and that pissed me off further. Manik surely knew how to test my patience.

"Manik, how's your daughter now?" Daughter? What happened to her? I looked at Manik in astonishment. How could he hide it from me that something happened to our baby? He'd given me enough reasons to lose my head, and staying calm and composed was not being Nandini. Was that why he was on leave? My heart clenched. I judged too quickly. How was she doing now? Did she need me? Why didn't he attend my calls then? Where was the baby?

"She's better now, Mr. Mehta." He quickly avoided the topic, sensing my seething anger at the new-found information. I stood dumbfounded between the two men. "I'll get my backlogs cleared by lunch and meet you then, Sir." He smiled at Mr. Mehta and the boss shot a sympathetic smile. Probably, the situation would be different if I wasn't around and they might've gone to check on the baby together. The staff in HyLyte was highly accommodative and understanding and more towards Manik, as he played the 'single father' card. The faculty seemed to be one united group but then again, until results were observed, I didn't have anything to do with friendliness and freedom. Manik escaped from the room when I least expected it and I hurried behind him, ignoring Mr. Mehta.