{ 13 }

Hey, hey! Hello readers :') Good news for you! The previous chapter got an overwhelming response! 250 votes! HAAYE! <3 Made me so happy! Also, I have decided to comment on the previous chapter comments as soon as I post the next chapter so that way I don't miss out on typing time :P

I love that so many enjoy this story, and I know the circumstances seem quite unfair, but frankly, Nandini is suffering because she refuses to express, and Manik is suffering because he actually believes it's all because of him :( Anyways, without further ado, you can read. Don't forget to vote if you really like it :') thanks! <3

---

Manik

The doctors had advised me to give my relationship with her a second chance, if we genuinely still felt anything. It wasn't just Nandini anymore; I made regular visits to the counselor too, to discuss our story from my point of view, to sort my issues out. At first, it was weird for me to be telling an insignificant third person our problems. What kind of a man was I if I couldn't deal with the issues on my plate? My ego stiffened me from opening up at first. Coming to think of it now, it wasn't really that bad an idea.

We were in for Naina's first doctor's appointment. Nandini was holding the sleeping baby, kissing her and cuddling her. Just as it was our turn, someone called me.

"Mr. Malhotra? Can I see you for a moment?" My throat went dry. My face was devoid of color as I began to think about the possibilities for her call. I looked pale, and that upset Nandini. I didn't want to bother her and so I gave her a smile enveloped with ardor. I stepped out of the room and walked across the long scary halls. I met with the nurse and leaned into her, hoping for some good news.

"Your father's bills for this month haven't been paid yet and this is the second warning we're giving you."

"I'm so sorry, I really am. I've been so busy with other commitments. Please keep this for now. I'll look into it..." I unhooked my wristwatch and gaped at it. It was Nandini's gift to me and I, in no means, meant to part with it ever. I gave her a sympathetic smile as I hesitantly stretched out my arm to her, with my watch placed in my hand. She closed my palm that held my watch and shook her head. I gave her another grateful smile. People would say I was good with people, but I'd rather believe that I was a lucky person.

I headed back to the room where Nandini laid, admiring my watch that I almost lost. I was obstructed by a short figure that I recognized without even looking. I made eye-contact, feeling adrenaline flush into my cheeks, in fear. My heart beat fast as I felt the intensity of her stare. I had a feeling that wasn't going to go well. Confrontations, they weren't our thing.

Her face held something behind. It seemed to me that she was hurt, but I couldn't understand exactly why. I tried to hold her hand in mine, but she flinched at my attempt. The people around were staring. We were creating a scene as I tried cajoling her, all in despair.

"Ghar chale?" (Can we go home?)

I nodded, devastated by her reaction. For the rest of the ride I didn't hear from her, though I tried to ask lame questions, just to check on her. We went home, but even when we reached, she left the car before I said a word. I ran to catch her pace, stopping her with a stretched arm.

"Say something, Nandini." She looked into my eyes, but hers were pained beyond measure.

"Your father is ill." She stated in a calm tone. Her indifference was scaring me. When she was angry with me, she'd hit-rather punch-me and that was okay. Anything was better than her silence.