Eight

|Calum|∞

"So, did you guys ended up together?" Ashton asks, breaking the temporary silence as I checked my phone again.

"We'll get to that later."

"This story is pretty calm right now, eh?" Luke says.

"We didn't have one of those rebellion, up all night, YOLO kind of relationships. Out of the months we met each other at the beach, we only had one of those You Only Love Once nights."

***

"Calum, slow down!" She giggled, nudging my shoulder and I stepped on the gas pedal.

"There's no one around..." 

"Oh my goodness, I love this song!"

My eyes flickered to her in the midst of surprise, a hand reaching forward to turn up the radio. I laugh as the lyrics were clearer and we belted out the lyrics to the song.

"You are the Dancing Queen, young and sweet, only seventeeeen! Dancing Queen, feel the beat from the tambourine. You can dance! You and jive! Having the time of your lifee! See that girl... uh, blah blah, digging the Dancing Queen!"

We cracked up together, holding our sides. rosalyn gasped as the lights of the city flashed before us.

"You drove to the city?"

"You've never been to Sydney?" I asked and she shook her head. "Let me show you the lights."

***

"This is amazing. I feel delirious. And I feel infinite." rosalyn grabbed my hand. 

The sight was truly breath-taking. I had took her to a cliff overlooking the whole skyline of Sydney. You could see the entire city and the lights flickered and they changed into different colours, syncing with different occasions.

"But there are no stars here. The lights are too bright." She said, pointing to the sky.

"There's that one."

"Where?"

"That one."

"I can't see."

"That one."

"Ow, stop poking me."

"This one. I only need one star with me."

rosalyn smiled and she grabbed my face. Her lips were warm against mine and I could taste strawberries on her tongue. I just wanted to stay there with her forever, never having to worry about anything.

rosalyn