Log Entry: #B4

**********************************

..........

...CONNECTED....

LOG ONLINE

**********************************

Audio recording test 27....are we good? Hey! Fantastic! Back online.

Emerson is still offline, as I no longer have a spot to put him. The ship was...well, to put it gently, that thing was not gonna be fixed anytime soon at all. But, with what I could salvage from it, I was able to make a small mining platform and a poorly laid out courier vessel. Honestly, the size of it and all is pretty wasteful. My mind was not in an engineering state to say the least. I was pretty frazzled.

Now that I think about it, I could actually take apart the courier, and detach the platform from the asteroid it's anchored to, and re-anchor it to a new vessel. Mobile mining and refining on the go! With the grav gen, I could turn the platform into a collection platform, making it easier to mine. Though the hydrogen costs would go up a bit, from my jetpack. But that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Ice is nearly everywhere. I still have a few O2 tanks and some water electrolysis machines, so even that shouldn't be a problem.

Alright, so I've got the basic shape of the vessel down. Have you ever heard of Superman? Yeah, imagine his symbol, but without the "S" and that's the basic shape. I decided I'm going to have a very different kind of cabin, this time. A much smaller one, to save resources. The majority of the interior will be a refinery, assembler, O2 tanks, a water electrolysis machine (WEM), and cargo. This design is more compact than the other vessel, mainly due to me not needing a corridor or walkway in the ship. With this setup, survival should be a lot easier.

I've already recycled the WEMs from the other vessel. One is fully built on the new ship, the other had its parts used for other things, like conveyor junctions and finishing the refinery. I've got most of the thruster positions set up. I need to finish up the internal structures, bad. I nearly forgot that I'll need a power supply. I'll need to add in some small reactors and two batteries, along with some solar panels to keep everything up and running and sustainable. Speaking of, I'm going to add some O2 farm tanks to the underside, like a ventral fin. The dorsal side is the top part of the Superman symbol.

Shoot. I think I've added the collection platform in the wrong orientation. It hangs off to the starboard side of the ship. Instead, it needs to be oriented just above the ship for easier maneuvering and access. Oh well. That's an easy fix. Sort of. I just have to grind off the struts, add a few more in the proper places, along with a docking clamp, and weld it together. It sounds like an expensive process, but really the most expensive thing about it is the amount of energy I'd use from my tools, and that's not much, really. I have all the other supplies to do this part. Oh. Time. Time might be the most expensive thing. It'll take quite a while to weld all of that. I think I'll have to put "building a welder drone" on the list. Along with several other things. Like, building a docking station for transport, building charging stations in various locations to lower drain on my main vessel's systems, a few defense platforms (to make a defense grid, allowing relatively safer travel), and more. Yeesh. I've got my work cut out for me! Well, this has been a long log, and I've been busy, so I'm tired. That's gonna have to be all. Maybe tomorrow (for me, who knows how long it'll take to reach whomever reads this, now that I'm God knows where), I'll try to upload the logs again from the days following the incident. Goodnight.