Chapter 3 : The Young Sorceress

*Serraenity's P.O.V*

I was lucky that I got back home on time. Daddy would be worried sick if I didn't. Not just that, he wont even let me wonder off to the woods ever again for the rest of my life. Well that's just not fair. I'm not a little kid anymore.. I'm nineteen! Why can't he understand that I could do almost everything on my own! Unlike my little sister.. He lets her touch explosive chemicals and dangerous tools which are too dangerous for her despite her age and tiny body. She's only nine and he doesn't even give a fuck about that! Life is just so unfair. Well I just have to live with it whether I like it or not.

Tomorrow is a big day for me so I gotta go to bed soon. I went straight upstairs and passed by my sister's room. I assumed she fell asleep while she was working out on her invention cause she was leaning forward with her arms on the table and layed her head there. I checked out what was she working on. It looks like it was an unfinished robot arm. Her table was so messy with tools around so I decided to clean it up for her. As I was cleaning up, one of her tools dropped on the floor and suddenly she woke up and rubbed her eyes.

"Its okay Serra, just leave it there. I'll clean it up." she said in a sleepy voice. She sounded so tired.

"Are you sure you don't want me to help?" I asked her while putting the tools back on the table.

"Mmmm hmm.." She answered while nodding her head and yawned.

I felt so pity for her so I stood up and bent towards her, carried her in my arms and placed her gently on her bed. "Gosh Alcarine, you are getting heavier." I teased her. She did not say a word but just giggled. I guess she was too exhausted. Poor thing.. So I tucked her in and kissed her forhead.

"Good night sweetie.", I said while stroking her hair.

"Good night..", she replied while tucking her mouth and nose in the blanket with one eyed open.

I went out from her room and turned off the lights and went straight to my room. I slammed myself on my soft and comfy bed, tuck myself in and entered slumber land.

I woke up early the next day like I said, it was a big day for me. I just can't wait to learn new skills from Master Sorceress Tamara. I was lucky to have her as my personal trainer among all the Sorceresses here in Mana Radge because most of them are bitchy. Like seriously. I hate it. Master Tamara was the only nicest Sorceress that I knew. Well Sorceresses are well knowned to be "the wicked one". Because we practice black magic, summoning dark powers, controling elements and all sorts of occultic things. I like doing those. But I am not like the other Sorceresses. I can prove that I am the good one.. And also would like to get along with the Clerics from the other side. I just don't understand why the others could not get along with them. They did nothing wrong. Well now it is my chance to prove to the Clerics that not all of us are what they think of since I met Methias last night.

"Hey! Speaking of Methias, I should meet him again tonight."  I thought to myself.

Guess I have to send Phoenix again to let him know the signal that I am there waiting for him at the same place.. I hope he notice.

After spending half an hour getting ready and thinking for a while that made me a bit late, I brought all my stuff that I need to bring and head straight to Master Sorceress Tamara's training place which was at the back of her house. There was a wide open space there. It was surrounded by flowers and there is a small fish pond on the side. The place was very beautiful. Like Master Tamara herself. It really suites her character by her image because she has a kind heart.

"Ohh hello there dear." said Master Tamara in a sweet tone while she saw me walked in.

"Hello Godmother..", I replied her.

Master Tamara told me to address her as that because she considered me as her own child. That clearly explains that she's just the sweetest person ever.

"Have you decide on what job do you want to be yet dear?", she asked.

"I haven't decide yet Godmother.. I just don't know. It's so hard to choose. I haven't even mastered on my basic skills yet..", I answered.

Master Tamara giggled and said, "Practice makes perfect my dear.. there is still a long way to go. So take your time." and she smiled.

We spent hours training hard so I could master my basic skills and move on to the next level.

"Let me show you something..", Master Tamara said. Then she took a leaf and placed it on top of her palm and blew it away. As the leaf was blown, she pointed at it and the leaf just froze on air as it was floating.

"Woahhhh!! Thats just so cool!!! When can I learn that?" I asked impatiently.

"Patients my love.. Wait there is more.", she answered. Then she grabbed the frozen leaf with her left hand and burned it. It looked like a fire just lit up from her palm and the frozen leaf was completely gone.

"Holy shhh.. I mean, shoot! Godmother can you teach me that? Pretty please.."

"Hahahah.. okay dear.. Heres how it goes."

Master Tamara taught me how to do those skills that she showed me and it was a bit hard but after a few more attempts, and then I got it!

"Well done Serraenity. I think you are qualified to enter the next level." said Master Tamara.

"Really?? Ohh.. thank you, thank you, thank you!!" I said excitedly and hugged her.

Master Tamara giggled and stroked my hair. It was sweet of her to do that. I felt much comfort with her since she considered me as her own child.

"If only Mommy was here.." I thought. Suddenly I felt tears rolling down my cheeks.

"What's the matter sweetie?", Master Tamara asked me while wiping off my tears.

"Ohh.. It's just that.."

"Just what? You can tell me anything.."

"I wished that Mommy was here.. I miss her.."

Master Tamara smiled and said, "Well.. You see.. Sometimes we just have to let go even though we did not want to, but we have to.. You're mom wouldn't want to see you like this dear.. She wants you to be proud and happy. See? you have grown into a beautiful young lady.." She stroked my hair again.

I just smiled and nodded.. without saying a word.. and hugged her.

"Hmmm.. It's getting dark. You better get home and get some rest okay? If there is anything, just tell me.. I'm here for you.. always." said Master Tamara.

"Thanks Godmother.. and okay I will.." I replied while sniffing.