Chapter 4 (Louis)

*Warning, contains self-harm*

Louis' POV

'Haz?' I sat up in my bed shaking, sweat pouring down my face. I looked around the room, but he was nowhere to be found, and the storm was getting worse. 'Hazza?' I squeaked as a loud clap of thunder shook the house. I pulled the blankets around my shoulders and rose to my feet.

I walked to the door and opened it carefully, peering down the hall. It was unlike Harry to abandon me during a thunderstorm, so obviously I started to worry. 'Harry?' I called his name, but the only answer I got was another clap of thunder. Time to be brave Louis, Harry needs you now. I told myself, but it didn't seem to burst my courage.

'Harry!' I stepped into the hallway and carefully walked to the top of the stairs. Each step I took felt like eternity as the lightning lit up my house. A single tear fell from my eye as I pulled the blanket tighter around me, and walked to the front door. I took a shuddering breath and stepped out into the street. Then I saw him, lying in the middle of the road, blood covering his face.

'Lou...' He croaked out, and I tried to run to him, but my legs wouldn't work, instead I just collapsed to my knees.

'Harry? It's okay, you're going to be fine, just tell me who did this to you.' I choked back a sob, as more tears fell and I crawled over to where he was.

'It was you Louis, you did this to me.'

'What? No Haz, I didn't do anything.'

'Yes, you did.'

'What did I do?'

'You were never good enough for me...always...pulling me...back.'

'Haz don't leave me, I love you!'

'I can't say the same.' With that his eyes rolled back, and his eyelids closed. 'Harry!' I laid my head on his chest, as more sobs racked my body. I knew he was right, he was always too good for me, but I loved him all the same.

I looked to my left and saw a sharp rock lying nearby. Slowly I reached for it, lifting it carefully. It was clod, but lighter than I expected. I ran my thumb along the edge, drawing a small amount of blood, perfect. I placed the rock against my wrist and lightly drew a line, drawing a small amount of blood. I took a deep breath, preparing to end it all.

'LOUIS WILLIAM TOMLINSON YOU WAKE UP RIGHT NOW!' My eyes shot open and I found myself standing in our bathroom, face to face with Harry.

'Har- was I sleep walking?' I looked down to my hand and gasped. I was holding a razor blade, and had actually drawn blood, which was now running down my arm. Haz quickly grabbed a cloth, wetting it down and wrapping it around my hand.

'Lou, what could you possibly be dreaming about?' His concerned eyes darted between mine and my wrist.

'I- there was a thunderstorm. I couldn't find you. I went looking. You were in the street. There was blood everywhere. It was my fault. You're too good for me. Y-you died. It was my fault. My fault.' I pinched the bridge of my nose as tears started to fall from both of our eyes.

'Oh, Louis.' Harry placed his hand on my cheek and kissed me lightly. 'I'm not too good for you, if anything; it's the other way around.' I placed my forehead against his and sucked in a deep breath.

'You didn't love me.' I pulled away from him, and tried to take my hand from his, but it caused me to wince.

'I do love you, always have, and always will. Now let’s get you to the hospital.' He pulled me to the car and pulled out his phone.

'Hey, Li?'

'Yeah, I know it's late, I'm sorry.'

'I'm taking Lou to the hospital.'