Chapter Six Part 1 (Zayn/Liam)

Zayn's POV

I opened the door to Liam's room and found him sitting on his bed, staring at a slip of paper. I walked over to him, and slid behind him, wrapping my arms around him. 'Whatcha reading Li-Li?' 

'Your suicide note.' His voice was breaking, and I could tell he was on the verge of tears. I kissed his cheek lightly, and took the note from his hand.

dear liam,

first of all let me tell you how Much i love you.

i love yoU so much.

and i apologise.

i shouldn't do this.

killing myself shouldn't be the Right way out.

it's not the right way out.

but i have to.

we've haD so much hate.

too much for me.

please remEmber that it's not your fault.

i love you.

i'll be watching out for you.

never foRget me.

tell the boys i love them.

zayn malik x

'Zayn?' He mumbled, his lips barely moving.

'Yes?' I breathed into his ear.

'Do you see it too?' His eyebrows furrowed as he stared at the paper.

'See what?'

'M-U-R-D-E-R' Shit, he found it.

'Oh, whoa. Li, why do you think that's there?'

'What do you remember from that night Z?'

'Nothing.' I lied. He turned around in my arms and I watched the tears fall from his beautiful brown eyes.

‘Can I ask you something?’ The tears fell harder and I quickly kissed them away.

‘Anything, anything at all.’ I brushed some of the hair out of his face and he bit his lip.

‘Why’d you do it?’

‘Liam, we talked about this, the hate-‘

‘No Zayn. Why did you do it instead of talking to me?’

‘IthoughtIwasaburden.’ I mumbled, breaking my eye contact with him.

‘What?’

‘I THOUGHT I WAS A BURDEN!’ I shouted, tears pooling in my eyes.

‘Zayn… you’re anything but.’ He began, pulling my chin so I was looking at him again. ‘Zayn, you’re so important to me, I would do anything for you. I really wish you would have come to me. I love you so much Zayn, I just feel like we don’t talk enough. Let’s change that, let’s try and talk more, so it won’t happen again!’

I nodded and pressed my lips to his, pulling him into a loving kiss. It wasn’t long, and it didn’t go any farther, but it was enough to give us both some reassurance. ‘I love you Li, thank you so much.’

‘You’re welcome, but Zayn?’

‘Yes?’

‘I don’t think you should be left alone, it’s not that I don’t trust you. It’s the fact that someone tried to kill you.’ I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose, letting out a frustrated sigh.