Chapter Four

KATY'S POV

The bell rang, indicating that the period was over and it was time for lunch. "Alright, class" our Calculus teacher, Mr Danvers said, gaining all our attentions, "Don't forget to finish up your homework on pages 35 to 40. I will see you guys in two days."

As soon as the word 'homework' escaped his lips, a number of students groaned, including me, and he just smirked in response.

I began packing up my things into my bag quickly and after standing up from my seat, I slung my bag over my shoulder. That day I decided to go with a simple outfit which consisted of a plain white shirt topped with a black cardigan, light blue jeans and my trusted white Chuck Taylors. As per usual, I let my blond hair cascade down my shoulders, giving it the freedom it deserved.

I was about to walk to the door when suddenly I thought about a certain someone. 'I wonder if he already left' I thought to myself before looking past my shoulder toward his table. And sure enough, my guess was right.

His table was empty.

A sigh escaped my lips and I strolled to the door before entering the hallway and heading toward the cafeteria. Okay, for your information, I was still giving Alex the silent treatment (childish I know but don't judge me okay) but I couldn't help it but to feel guilty even though I was responsible for it.

And to make matters worse, I also couldn't help it but to think if maybe he was mad at me for it too.

'Oh god, I hope he's not mad'.

Plus, why would he be mad? Right?

'I don't know, Katy. Maybe due to the fact that you gave him crap over a single sentence that you accidentally blurted out,' my conscience told me. I mentally rolled my eyes at the comment I made to myself.

Okay but honestly, how was I supposed to apologise to him? Although yes, it was on me but how was I supposed to face him without feeling awkward? And what if we stumbled upon each other before I even came up with a solution? Ah, the thought was making me go crazy!

Ugh......whatever. We'll cross the bridge when we arrive at the bridge, I guess.

I made a pit stop at my locker first to put my bag before continuing my journey to the cafeteria a.k.a the war zone. I was admiring a few artworks that was hung in the hallway when suddenly my eyes caught attention of two figures walking from the opposite direction of me. They practically bulged out when I noticed who they were.

Searching for an escape route or a place to hide, whichever was spotted first, I began panicking because well, obviously, I didn't want to be seen. After frantically searching for at least something to hide behind, I made the decision to slip into an empty classroom and took a peek outside.

As doing so, I saw Alex walking down the hallway with another girl that I didn't knew, laughing and just looking really comfortable with each other.

And the sight just absolutely crushed my heart.

Wh-Who was that? And why were they-

I felt tears prickling at the back of my eyes so I blinked them rapidly while a thousand negative thoughts hit me in the gut. Who was that? Was it possible that Al had picked up an interest in another girl? And that I didn't knew? If it was, then my doubts about Al not liking me all those while had been confirmed then.

I knew it from the start. I knew it that he never liked me in the way I liked him. I shouldn't have let my hopes up high.

'How stupid could you be, Katy?' I asked myself, trying hard not to let a tear slip. God, all those times lost on me fantasising about us. And to find out that he'd never done the same........