... kismet ...

Tommy didn't stay long

Tommy didn't stay long. He explained the situation and left Elsie in her state of bliss, giving a small peck on her forehead before walking out the doors of the girls' small room. Elsie didn't know how to feel. The giddiness hadn't worn out, finally having someone to love in this god forsaken life. Her mind drifts back to moments before he left.

"I found you. And you found me."

He found me. He made me remember how to enjoy life again. The excitement, the danger that is brought wherever Tommy is excites me.

"Be at the office by 10." Tommy had told her before he walked out. No explanation to why she was needed but she was needed nether the less. 

Elsie made her way down the stairs of the theatre and past the Kingsley's, "Don't think you'll be welcome back here after last night." Maggie Kingsley spoke out, stopping Elsie in her tracks.

"What are you talking about?" She spun around to face her two employers, "What's going on?"

Daniel Kingsley smirked, "Go pack your bags. We can't have a whore like you in our company. Honestly, fucking a Blinder? He'll leave you when you're pregnant and we aren't helping support it."

Elsie stumbled back. She hadn't even thought about what was going to happen to her and Tommy.

"Can you help me?"

"I'd do anything for you Tommy."

Maggie's face turned into a sneer, "Everything we've done for you, and this is how you repay us, you harlot?" She stormed straight up into Elsie's face, "You'll burn in hell for your sins."

"As long as you won't be there, I'll be just fine." Elsie snapped back, "Consider me gone." She stormed back up to her room, stuffing everything into her only bag. There wasn't much, a few dresses, a picture of her family, but that was all.

And she left the place, not daring to look back.

***

Elsie was late for Tommy's announcement, only just catching it as she rushed into the room, her cheeks red from the harsh wind and her chest heaving up and down from running all the way from the theatre.

"- Day we join the official National Association of Race Course Bookmakers. But first, we do the dirty work. We've all know this days been coming. I just haven't told anyone the date." Elsie smiled at Tommy as his eyes finally rested on her. His lips twitched a little, seeing her disheveled state, thinking to himself that he took the one thing she'd never be able to give to anyone else. She was now completely his as he was completely hers. 

Everyone noticed the exchange between the two and looked at each other with knowing looks. Polly smiled, nudging Finn with her elbow who found it so amusing that Tommy had actually found someone. Arthur sighed in disappointment at the two while John looked pleased. Placing his hand out, Arthur dropped a handful of money into it, "Bollocks..."