Backstory: Part 3

Kyra P.O.V.

Couple months later

Coping with it all was taking a toll on us. Things that seemed so simple before, seemed impossible now.
My grade were so bad. I stopped caring, school didn't mean much to me anymore.
Me, Niya and Winter used to skip class sometimes, and it was mainly my idea. But just because I let Winter miss a day or 2 doesn't mean she's gonna end up like me. I made sure that girl did her work.
I wanted my sister to progress in life and be something. She'd catch an attitude at me for making her work but I could care less, cause she gone thank me in the future.
I hung around Jhamari when I'd skip alone. He would always be handling "business" and would tell me that this wasn't a joke. I didn't think of it as a joke. It fascinated me. He'd brushed me off when ever I'd asked questions about it, telling me "This ain't something you wanna get into." or "This is a man's game." But I'd always get him to tell me what I wanted to know.
One day while I was out with him he was telling me about this party. I've heard about it a couple times from Niya and Winter.
"You going?" He asked.
"Hell yea I'm going, I already know that shit gone be jumpin'."
He chuckled.
"Are YOU going?" I asked poking him.
"I might pop up." He rubbed his hand over his waves.
I smacked my lips.
"You better come, you never out."
"I'm always out."
"Out 'Handling business' please." I said mockingly.
"It is business, my business. You the who chooses to follow me around like a lost ass dog."
I rolled my eyes.
"Me? Follow you? Tuh! I'm simply here for a learning experience."
He raised an eyebrow.
"Kyra I'm bout tired of you."
"Whatever, walk me home before I miss curfew bighead."
He smiled and nodded.

It was Friday, and everyone at school seemed jittery, and I was just as excited. Today was the day of the Big Blow out.
The party were all the seniors celebrate their last days as high schoolers, and everyone is invited.
"Bitch I can't wait!" Janyia said coming up behind me with Winter lingering next to her.
"Girl me neither, all types of stuff be going down at these parties." Winter added.
"Yas and all them fine ass niggas gone be there." Janyia said rubbing her hands together like a creep.
We laughed and walked out the school to go to Janyia's granny's house.
Me and Winter are staying here until we are legally able to leave.
We ain't mind staying here, we loved it to be honest. We had a lot of freedom here, Kinda.
When we arrived, Janyia swung the door open and threw her bookbag on the floor.
"Let's start getting ready." She said smiling.
"I call the shower first!" Winter yelled darting into the bathroom and slamming the door.
"We'll go pick some clothes out." I said rolling me eyes.
"Okay, so I had some outfit ideas, but I want a second opinion." Janyia said walking to the closet.
"Who you think gone be there, besides Mari ?" I asked ignoring her clothing choices.
She shrugged.
"All I know is a lot of hoes gonna be there, and niggas love hoes."
I smiled.
I wanted to make a good impression, none of us we're seniors but we're going to be around a bunch of them. I just need to know how to get in good with them for future purposes.
"Do you know any seniors?" I asked
She nodded awkwardly.
"I know of some seniors, but do I know them personally? No."
Janyia held up 2 outfits, one was a white Tommy Hilfiger crop top with black leggings with holes in the knee and the other was jean shorts with a black long sleeved shirt that flared out at the wrist.
"So?" She swung the clothes back and forth over her chest.
"Wear the black leggings with the crop top. I'll wear the jean shorts and black shirt."
She smiled widely.
"Okay!"
"Ahhh, so y'all pick y'all clothes out?" Winter said coming into the room drying her hair.
We nodded.
"Good, Kyra help me please." Winter asked.
"I'm bout to hop in the shower." Janyia said grabbing a towl and walking out.
" I don't want you around anyone older than 18." I said.
Winter raised an eyebrow.
"Kyra what are you talking about?"
"You know what I'm talking about, just because we going to this party, don't mean you can walk around and be grown."
She smacked her lips and reached in the closet.
I'm only trying to look out for her. Tough love is the best love.
She put on a forest green camo crop top that started at her shoulders with bleached blue jeans that had holes in them.
I gave her a dirty look.
"What are you looking at?" She hissed. I didn't answer.
I've snuck out to lots of parties before. I know what be going down at those parties. I'm a little paranoid to go with Winter and Janyia, only because they are a little fragile. Not saying that I'm some big tough bitch, but I do know how to stand my ground.
Almost a half hour went by and Janyia came back to the room with the clothes she'd picked out on.
"Winter I'll do your makeup" she said combing her own hair.
I went to take a shower. I even shaved just in case.
At first I didn't even wanna go to this party but Janyia insisted we go to "build status". I'm going for the turn up, not to be accepted by everybody and they momma. I could care less about what they think. Plus Jhamari going to be there and I wouldn't mind seeing him there before he graduates. I'd miss him and feel bad if I didn't go and see him off. There's something about him that gives me butterflies, but I don't wanna look to deep into it because he's like a brother to me.
I turned the knob, turning off the shower. I walked into the room, while drying off. Winter was done and Janyia was flat ironing her hair. I slipped my clothes on and it took me almost an hour to do my hair and makeup but I finished just in time, because the party was started in 30.
Me and Winter grabbed our purses, and Janyia rushed out the room shoving something in her purse. It was probably money.
Janyia can drive so we took her granny's car. We was out.