I walk a lonely road, the only one I have ever known

"I walk a lonely road, the only one I have ever known"

I walk down the streets of Oakland, tuning the world out with Green Day. In a world full of hate and physical torture, Green Day is my escape. I listen to them to sooth my nerves, and because so many songs just tick with me; like Billie, Tre, and Mike all understand me. I close my eyes and sing aloud to Boulevard of Broken Dreams, letting my emotions meld into my singing.

Someone should've told me walking down the street with my eyes closed was dangerous.

I walk into someone and fall on my butt, and look up at them.

"Uhm, sorry. I-I was just lost in my music."

"Here, let me help you up."

The man I ran into reached out his hand and helped me stand up. Finally, realization hits me, and I see that the man I just ran into was Billie Joe Armstrong. Hmm.

"Oh, uhm, you're Billie Joe Armstrong, right?" I ask, shyly smiling.

"Oh yeah, I am." He smiled. "If you don't mind me aaking, what were listening to?"

"I was listening to Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, i-it helps me."

"Helps you what?" Billie asked, obviously curious.

"Helps me relax after... well it doesn't matter."

"It does matter."

"I-I should go. I'm sure you have better things to do than talk to one of youe fans about her problems." I said, walking around Billie.

"Wait!"

I turn around to him, trying to hide the glistening in my eyes; the tears ready to fall.

"I didn't get your name. What is it?"

"It's Chelsea, like the city in New York."

I turn back around, and sang under my breath, "I walk a lonely road, the only one I have ever known."

"Chelsea?"

"Yeah?"

"Would you like to meet Tré and Mike?" Billie asked.

My eyes widen. "I'd love to."