six.

ariana's POV

having shawn stay with me should be nice. for the past three years i've lived alone. except for when i was with steven. he didn't live with me, but he stayed with me quite often. oh how i regret ever wasting any time on him. putting all your time and effort into someone to be cheated on isn't what i was looking for. but, it's what i got. he drilled it into my brain that i deserved it, yet he couldn't explain to me why so. to this day, i still feel guilty. and i dont know why.

i haven't come across anyone who has interested me ever since i broke up with steven. but i think things might be changing.

i lied in my bed, staring into the darkness. it's now 1:37 a.m. i can hear soft snoring coming from shawn's room, making me smile like an idiot. you know, ive seen him 95% naked twice now and i've only known him for barely over a week. not sure why i brought that up, but i did.

i finally dozed off, and woke up around 7:30 the next morning. i sprawled out in my bed, stretching my arms and legs as i let out an exaggerated yawn. i got up and walked towards the living room. shawn was still sleeping, so i got a pot of coffee started and turned the news on.

the weather forecast predicts a thunderstorm tonight. that is one thing im terrified of. ever since i was little. thunder has been one of my biggest fears. it made me nervous just knowing there's a possibility of it happening.

i continued to watch the news and shake my head and certain reports. the news is honestly a terrible thing.

shawn soon walked out of his room in nothing but his gray sweats. his hair was a MESS but it looked cute.

"good morning love." i said.

"good morning." he said, his morning voice being deep and raspy.

it honestly sent chills all over my body.

he came and sat right next to me on the couch. he sprawled out on the couch and rested his head on my lap. he looked up at me and smiled.

"hi." he said.

"hi." i replied with a small laugh.

i ran my hand through his hair, lightly tugging at his roots, earning a soft groan from him.

"that feels really good." he mumbled.

i smiled down at him and continued to mess with his hair. he looked like he was gonna fall asleep, which made me giggle to myself.

"what? what's so funny?" he asked.

i shook my head and moved my eyes from his, back to the TV. he grabbed my hand from his hair and intertwined our fingers. i felt my heartbeat speed up a little bit. i feel like a kid again. this feeling is so weird.

"you know, i really wanna call you mine." he spoke up.

i felt my throat get dry and my tongue forget how to talk.

"but i understand if the feeling isn't mutual." he added.

"no, it is. i just think we need some time to get to know each other more before we rush anything is all." i replied.

he sat up and smiled.

"you're right. give me some time to win your heart." he said.

"oh baby,"

"you already have."