I'm sorry

"I need time." I stopped looking at my phone and starred into his eyes.

There was no hesitation in his voice

There was no hesitation in his voice. Those eyes that once has love now contains zero emotion. I gripped my phone a little harder. "What do you mean?" I asked a bit worried. He only sighed and kept quiet. It took a few minutes before he began to speak. "I just think that we needed some time apart." I looked at him and I was puzzled. Flashes of memories went into my mind as I tried to remember every argument we had but none of it made sense as it was not big of a deal. Nothing to serious.

"Marilyn? Are you listening?" He said while looking at me with worry. I watched him tapping his right fingers on the table. We were at the balcony of my apartment while having our usual evening tea which unfortunately is not very pleasant right now. "Why now?" I asked trying to figure out his reasons. "Now is not the right time Ben. You know my parents are coming this weekend to visit us. For our WEDDING." I said loud enough for my neighbours to hear but that's the least of my problems. "If this's is a joke it's definitely not funny." Anger was obviously visible on my face. I starred at him and he looks away with guilt. His face was starting to irritate me. "I'm sorry." Then he stands and started gathering his wallet and car keys from the table. I grabbed his arm. "Is there someone else?" I said looking straight into his eyes. His hesitation confirmed my suspicions. I slowly let go of his arm. "Just go."

"Marilyn." He tried to reach for my arms. I stepped back while holding my tears. "Please." It sounded like a whisper but that stopped him. He looked down and never said a word. He only looked at me with guilt. He took his belongings and then left. Before he closed the door I think I heard him saying "I'm sorry." but that's maybe only my imagination. He doesn't care. I walked to the door and locked it before heading to my room. I sat on my bed and remembered every memories from we started dating till now. I started sobbing. Then with pure anger and hate I threw my engagement ring to the wall and screamed to my pillow as hard as I can.

This is the worst day of my life. No doubt. "A month before our wedding. What a piece of garbage." I whimpered. Suddenly the doorbell rang. I look up and wiped my tears. Then more rings followed and a voice I recognised so much. "Marilyn Ray Lee, I swear to god if you don't open this door I'm going to break it! You know I will!" I smiled a bit and yelled "just a second!" I ran to the bathroom and washed away my makeup and patted my face. Then I walked to the door. "Okay. Just deep breaths." I opened the door and saw my best friend Laura.

"Omg girl what took you so long?" She hugged me tightly

"Omg girl what took you so long?" She hugged me tightly. Then she studied my face. "Were you crying?" She asked while cupping my face. I only looked away and started walking to the living room. She followed me and we both sat on the sofa.

 She followed me and we both sat on the sofa

No words came out. Honestly I don't know how to tell her. She waited patiently while holding my hand with reassurance. I smiled weakly then burst to tears. Laura pulled me into her embrace and I cried on her shoulder. She only patted my back and said that everything is going to be okay. I doubt it though. After what Ben did. That jerk. "Did something bad happened?" Laura looked at me with concern. I only nodded.

"We broke up." I said. "What? Are you serious?" She asked a bit confused. I told her everything from scratch. She listened while trying to adapt the situation. Benjamin Xavier Clark. The one who left me. The infamous heir to Clark Industries. He is also listed as one of the top model in the model industry. "Mary are you sure he broke up with you? He bought you a private jet and an island. A REAL freaking island." I shrugged. "He's rich. He can buy anything he wants for anyone." I said sadly. "He also named that island after you." She stated while rubbing her forehead. "This is a lot to take in. That's not like him." "But it is. He left Laura. He freaking left me for I don't know a model perhaps." I said while lying down. Feeling frustrated. Anger sorrow all melted into one. "Did you told your parents that the wedding is off?" Laura asked while standing up and walking to the tv to switch it on. She took my silence as a no. We then continued talking about everything that happened while she was away. That took me off from my sadness a little while and I started feeling a bit better. Then we proceeded to watch Netflix. Laura actually is staying with me in this apartment. I was supposed to move out next week to Ben's mansion in Los Angeles but sadly today happened. Everything went well then he happened. I should've dumped him when I had the chance. I rubbed my forehead. Well what a day. I just hope my parents can take this news and not freak out too much.