Chapter 3

Mia was woken up after her sister Eileen had jumped on her belly to wake her up. 

"What are you doing!?" She yelled at Eileen, trying to push her off. Her grip never got lighter, "I'm hugging you!" She yelled while smiling. Mia rolled her eyes, but soon chuckled turning her anger into a weak smile. "Adorable, now please get off I need to get ready for class." Mia smiled as she patted Eileen's head. She nodded getting off her slowly,  "Sorry." She pouted, Mia shook her head. "Don't be, now go get dressed." Eileen chuckled and left the room going inside her room.

Mia sighed leaving her bed, grabbing her clothes and rushed into the bathroom. Stripping down, feeling the hot water rush down her back. She winced at the pain in her shoulder, it just wouldn't stop, but she figured it was the stress building up on her. 

She slowly got up after ten minutes and left with her new pair of clothing on her, Mia cracked her back and her knuckles sighing as she stared at her poster. She took out her phone while running down the stairs, being greeted by her mother who was sitting in the kitchen table already eating breakfast. Mia smiled as she took her seat, staring at the conversation with her friend Linda. 

She rolled her eyes soon after being told to stop looking at her phone, Mia sighed putting it on her pocket. Slowly eating her scrambled eggs away, she glared at the clock hoping the time will pass faster than usual. Eileen tugged on her sleeve making her slip and fall off the chair, "Eileen!" She groaned as she shivered from the sudden fall.  

She chuckled having Mia's bag in her hands and jacket with her, Mia smiled and got up quickly as possible shrugging when she waved goodbye to her mother. 

She ran into the door, opening it harshly. Running out the door, forgetting Eileen as Eileen was greeted by her own pair of friends. Mia stumbled on her own feet crashing into a pair of arms. "Aren't you jumpy." Someone chuckled as Mia blushed and chuckled. 

"Of course I am Adam!" She said smiling at him, he rolled his eyes. 

They continued walking to the school building where they were greeted by the principal. "Oh! Mia! Are you ready for the tennis competition it's starting tomorrow. Am I wrong?" She said to Mia, she stopped smiling at her. 

"I've been born ready! They can come at me with their best shot!" 

Her principal smiled back at her, "You do you." 

Adam looked back at her, "I've heard about it."  He whispered to her, Mia raised an eyebrow in confusion. 

"Heard about what?" 

"The legendary, Gabriela Mai. She's gonna be in it, you know who won in the last competition." 

Mia stared at him, sighing. She slapped his back, giving him a smile. 

"I don't care about that stuff!" She yelled looking above her. Adam crunched his nose in pain, "W-what?"  "I'm being watched over!" She points at the clouds. Adam stares at her confused, shrugging. 

"Okay, okay. Miss." Mia snorted at the sudden politeness coming from Adam. 

"Whatever." She hissed at him, playfully. She began walking over to her locker and Adam followed, "What are you still doing around me?" Mia asked Adam. "Touchy." Adam joked to her and Mia rolled her eyes. Opening her locker as they both put their stuff in her locker. 

"So it's a thing." Mia said in a almost statement. 

"Starting now." He joked,grabbing his binder. 

"I hate math." Mia said. Adam raised an eyebrow, "Say's the person who flunked a grade and has to re-learn math again." He said with a grin on his face. "Shut up!" Mia groaned to herself, "It's bad enough that I have to be a sophomore again." 

"Just be glad that i'm also in the same grade as you." He smiled at her, Mia shoved him. "That's too much suffering." 

Adam slightly pushed her in her shoulder as well, "Don't touch me there." Mia hissed at him, groaning in pain. 

"What?" Adam asked, they both stopped in front of her class. "It's been hurting for at least a week, must be a mysterious bruise."

"That's pretty stupid if you don't know how you got it." Adam said, Mia scoffed. "Excuse me? Have you met me?" 

"Sadly." 

"Whatever loser!" Mia waved as she got into her classroom. Adam pondered for a bit, but just in case he told her parents through the phone.