I. Losing a Loser

-Richies POV-
It has been over a year and a half since I've seen him. That is other than quickly glancing at each other from across a street or something before his mom yanks him around a corner. A couple months ago, I just so happened to be biking past the Kaspbrak residence when I heard him yelling through heart-wrenching tears. I creeped up under a window so I could hear what was being said. I needed to know he was okay.
"No more Eddie! We're going and that's FINAL!" his mother boomed. "But, mo-" in the mix of him yelling and sobbing, his words were cut off by a squeal then a gasp. I cringed. I couldn't see what was going on but I could picture it. I hope he has that dumb-ass inhaler. I couldn't handle hearing this anymore, I knew there wasn't anything I could do. So I ran back to my bike and peddled away. That was the last I heard of Eddie Kaspbrak.
-Eddies POV-
I wake up with hazy eyes and the sound of my mother's voice. "Wake up my sweet Eddie Bear," I sit up and rub my eyes- it's 5:03 a.m. "time to go! Take your medicine first, okay?" My mom gingerly closed the door behind her. The day I prayed would never come had finally arrived. Just. Fucking. Great. Groggily, I heave myself out of bed and get dressed. 20 minutes later we're in the car on the way to the airport. I'm terrified. If Richie was here he'd know how to take my mind off this... I miss him.