VI. Reunited

-Eddies POV-
I rush into the room as fast as my legs can carry me and collapse onto Richie in a hug.
"It's you" he gasps, "you're really here!" Richie hugs me tighter.
"I am! God I missed you so damn much." Ive never been more excited to see anybody in my whole life.  But now I can feel Stan's awkward stare in the back of my head, so I pull away from Richie reluctantly.
"Do you guys want some alone time or something...? Cuz I can go." Stan starts backing out the door "So you guys can catch up and all... kiss or whatever." he mumbled the last part.
"Yea Stan why don't you just go. We'll see ya later." Richie said hurriedly. Stan turns around with a small wave and walks away. Now I feel a knot in my stomach. I wanna tell Richie the truth. How I feel about him. What do I say?? Do I love him? Ugh, feelings are shitty and confusing. Just as I'm about to say something, Richie starts,
"Hey, um, Eds... there's something I gotta tell you." He looks down and messes with the splintering floor. "Now I know you might think I'm fucking crazy but, uh, just listen please. You don't even have to say anything and I understand if you don't, okay, just don't judge me."
"Why the hell would I judge you?" I reassure him.
"Okay," Richie takes a deep breath in "I... I like you. A lot. More than a friend. I think I might... lo-" Instead of letting him finish his sentence, I make a bold move. I shut my eyes and kiss him. No warning at all. This was some damn risky business. But he didn't pull away. The kiss sent a surge of joy pulsing through my body. All of the sudden, I start feeling choked. This hasn't happened in a while... I yank back and grab my inhaler instinctively.
"Oh, oh my god! Eddie! Stay calm, you're gonna be okay, okay? Just try to breathe!" Richie was freaking out, so was I to be honest. He could see the panic in my eyes. After about a minute or so my breathing goes back to normal. I lean over onto him and he puts his arm over me and sort of cradles my head like I was fragile, on the verge of breaking.
"I'm fine" I breathe.
"You better be, loser. I need you" Richie moves my head so I'm looking right in his eyes. "I'm so glad you're home." Then he lightly touched his lips to my forehead.