Misunderstandings

"Did he kiss me?" Harry asked looking at Sirius and Remus.

They gave a cheeky grin and nodded. "He kissed you when he got the news that you can be saved." Remus said grinning.

Harry mouth fell open again. He opened his mouth a multiple times trying to speak out his feeling but failed miserably. "I can be saved?" At last he settled for the only question he could make out.

"Yes, Potter. You can be saved. You have this very strong and unusual ability of self healing which can be enhanced by expanding your magical core. It can heal the fatal part of the disease and the rest can be helped from outside. But you'll have to work very hard. I, Lupin and Black will be training you in this field." Severus explained.

As Severus spoke the smile on Harry's lips widened into a wild grin. And at the same time, tears started rolling down his cheeks; tears of happiness.

"Thank you so much, Severus; and you two too. Thanks a lot. I've been waiting for this miracle to happen from the very second I've got the news of my cancer. Thank you." Harry said wiping his tears while trying to control his excitement. By the time he stopped crying, he was breathing heavily again.

This was noticed by the three adults present in the room.

"Poppy, bring the cannula. The spell is wearing off." Severus called the medi-witch who had gone to her cabin to fetch some potions and the cannula.

After a mere second, the old lady was running towards the bed with a trolley behind her and and wire like tube in her hand. She quickly came and fixed the two protruding tubes into Harry's nostrils.

As soon as the tube was fixed in his nose, Harry had the sudden urge to sneeze loudly. After a moment of hesitation and effort to control, he gave a very loud sneeze making everyone jump.

"Bloody hell, James, what was that?" Sirius asked gaping at Harry.

"This thing tickles!" He said pressing his nose to stop further outburst.

The occupants of the room were laughing or in case of Snape, trying not to laugh, when the hospital door burst open and a wide eyed Draco Malfoy came in.

"What happened? What was that sound?" He asked frantically looking around the room.

"Come here you clueless bloke!" Harry called for the blonde, ignoring the sniggers from around him.

"Harry, are you fine? What was that sound?" Draco asked after his gaze fixed on the boy on the bed.

Harry rolled his eyes. "I'm fine, Draco. This thing in my nose just tickles. So--I just sneezed." Harry replied sheepishly.

"Oh." Draco replied eyeing the tube in his nose.

"Draco, why did you kiss me?" Harry asked suddenly.

For the second time, Draco blushed a crimson red.

"Uh--um, I'm sorry, Harry. I didn't mean to--" Draco stuttered.

Harry grabbed a hand which was resting beside his waist.

"Draco, when did I say that I didn't like what you did?" Harry asked looking him into the stormy gray eyes.

For a moment he saw the eyes searching for something in his own green eyes. And after a it widened ever so slightly as if they saw something.

"What are you searching for?" Harry asked gazing at the oceanic eyes.

Draco's eyes shifted to their intertwined hands and after a few moments, he shook his head. Harry pinned two fingers under his chin and made him look at him. They had a tinge of guilt in them.