Chapter 12

Marcus ( Pov )

" Thanks again Mrs.Pickett . It has been a pleasure eating dinner with your family ." I said before leaving.

" It wouldn't hurt if you just call me Ally ." Andy's mother told me.

" Sure thing ,Ally . " I winked at her and walked to Andy and stole a kiss from him . Andy sheepishly blushed and turn his face another direction.

" Babe , look back at me ." I turn his head forward.

" Are you coming to see me tomorrow ?" Andy asked as he wraps his arms around my neck  . His eyes climb down to my lips and up to my eyes .

" Sure --"

" What are you waiting for Andy , suck Marcus's soul out of him already !" Dinkle stomped.

" Mean I uh ..." Andy was so embarrassed he let go of me , but I quickly grab him closer to me as I kissed him deeply .

I made Andy wither underneath me as he tries to savor every last piece of lip he can hold on to and I let him go.

" Tomorrow most definitely ." I told Andy before I left .

He's mentally suffering from me already . I left jogging home in the late evening and made it towards my house .

Upon entering I heard my voicemail machine beeping . I walked to it and pressed start .

"  Are you trying to spread a bad reputation on our family's name ?  The coach messaged me that you've turn  in your uniform and quit the team last night  without any reason . You have no excuses to quit , this is your life and future . Football is the only thing you'll ever be good at , so stick to it damn it ! If  I don't hear anything else from you in football tomorrow , your mother and I will be booking our flight back  home and you will have consequences ! "

Beep !

" Would want to dele--"

I pressed the delete and went on about my business.

" Nanny , I'm back ." I marched up stairs and did my daily routine of taking care of her . I fed her , washed her , and dressed her in her favorite outfit . " You look so beautiful nanny !"

She sat there staring outside of the window .

" It's night time , nanny ." I closed the curtains ," but tomorrow as soon as the sun rises  , I will open them back up ."

I walked to her and grabbed her delicate hand ," Nanny , I have a little surprise  for you . Remember when we were younger and you will always talk about that I will learn from other people mistakes ? " I smiled knowing that she wouldn't because of her long term sickness , but in my head she nodded.  " Well , I'm going to become a father soon and    the best father my child will ever known  . Better than my fucking  father and mother ever did  which was nothing but cause harm to me and you.  " I kissed her hand . " Everything is going to be alright , I won't ever let you down . You will get better,  I promise ." 

I got up from my knees and stroke her hair . This gives me so many memories . Before she had Alzheimer's  she nurtured me like a mother while my biological mother was too busy doing what she wanted to do which was getting rich . But now , nanny  doesn't even recognize me or remember how to communicate . I still love her no matter what , I owe her my everything .

I examine at the oxygen tank at the side of her bed and gave her a last kiss of good night .

~~~

Next morning , I was doing my daily jog at the start of dawn. I had goals planting  seeds in my mind and one of them was putting football behind me . Football was dead to me , I never  had a passion to play football . I like helping people , I like to make them feel better about themselves or to show them how much they are worth . Breaking down their walls and morphing their shatter pieces into  something beautiful.