Chapter One

It was horrendous. That was the only way Alpha Mizu was able to even begin explaining the sight of the battlefield and all the wounded and dead that were scattered about it all. The wind was howling, along with the many wolves mourning the dead. In the distance, Mizu's gold eyes could just make out the silhouettes of the enemy, taking back their victory of their battle back to their heartless and vicious Alpha, Jason.

The stench of blood and death that hung in the air like a thick mist was overpowering, but Mizu turned on her heel, not saying a word to anyone as she sped away, to the battle planning tent. Along the way, she saw he fellow pack mates either dead, wounded, mourning or broken, mentally and/or physically. The sight was enough to make the young Alpha sick, but she carried on, her head held high, being the beacon of hope that everyone looked up to.

Her armour was chipped in several places, and half of her sterling silver chest plate was dented, meaning urgent repairs. She could just see the familiar purple and gold colours of her packs flag flying high above her destination. She sighed with relief, quickening her pace, but before she could reach the safety of the tent, she heard the beating of large wings, felt the air around her be displaced as Lucien Llefan, general of her army, landed in front of her, sadness and fear prominent on his young face. As he took a small step towards Mizu, she scanned him and his wings for any serious injuries. His face was streaked with dirt and blood, his hair caked with mud and by the looks of it, he had a deep gash below the knee on his left leg.

"Where's Armani?!" his voice was ragged and scratchy, like he'd been screaming, which he'd probably had been. His tone was desperate, and it nearly shattered Mizu

"I'm sorry Lucien, I don't know where she is" Mizu said softly, her voice strong and steady, even if her emotions inside were that conflicting that all she wanted to do was break down.

Lucien's attitude changed in a heartbeat, as his whole aura gave off a deadly feeling. He snarled and shot off into the stormy sky, the beating of his wings scattering all the leaves and debris. Mizu bit her lip, breathing in deeply, before entering the tent, the bright lights flooding and consuming her form.

        *°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*

Lucien Llefan soared across the stormy sky, becoming a black streak across the already grey sky. He tried hard to ignore the searing pain from the lower half of his leg, focusing on finding his Armani, alive. His bright, now dull, purple eyes scanned the battlefield below, trying to spot the familiar fur coat that Armani always wore, no matter the occasion.

He clenched his fists as tears began cascading down his dirty face, the thought of Armani dead causing him more pain then he was in.

"Armani!!!" He yelled out with all his might, trying desperately to find his love. He was going to unleash the rest of his power out of anger, when in the distance he heard a faint howl. Knowing exactly who it was, he flew even faster, pushing himself past his breaking point. He dived down and crashed into a clearing, his aura warning and enemies to that were hiding that he was not in a mood to be messed with.

"Lucien! Lucien!! I can't find them! Oh my Ingrid, I can't find them!" He heard Armani's soft voice yell as she ran at him, with a tear streaked face. Lucien knew right away she managed to escape this battle unscathed

"What? Love, please calm down, it'll be okay" he tried to calm her panicked state, grabbing her arms gently, pulling her into his strong embrace, his large wings encircling them, shielding them from the natural elements.

"Roan and Juni are gone, and you're telling me to calm down!" She yelled, her voice breaking as she broke down into tears

Lucien froze, knowing this was serious. Juniper was one of the Oranza siblings, the other two being Armani and Roanoke. And Juni was an Alpha-in-training for her pack.
Roan being the potions master for Mizu, as he was previously the Royal Potions Master. And if both were missing, either they were dead or...