Chapter 4

I woke up to the most annoying sound in the world, my alarm. I was half tempted to chuck it out the window towards our neighbors house. But my more logical part of my brain told me otherwise.

I roll out of my warm bed and head to my closet. I decide to wear a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a white lace type hoodie. I leave my hair hanging down my shoulder and back and quickly put on my makeup before grabbing my bag and putting on my shoes.

 I leave my hair hanging down my shoulder and back and quickly put on my makeup before grabbing my bag and putting on my shoes

I grab my phone and check the time. Seven thirty, great I have enough time to stop inside the Starbucks on the way to school. My mom and dad had already left for work early this morning and I don't have an older sibling to drive me, so it looks like I'm walking again. 

It isn't much of a big deal, I mean, my parents are almost never around so I have to walk to school every day and walk to a little thrift store a few blocks away from the school so I can earn a little bit of money here and there. I'm not technically supposed to be working there because I'm only in eighth grade but that is one of the only stores that don't care how old you are unless you are younger than twelve. In that case you can't work there. But since I'm almost fifteen they hired me after making sure I had never been arrested before.

Anyway, off topic. My parents had always wanted another child but after trying for a few years they found out they couldn't have anymore so I am an only child. If I had a younger sibling maybe it would be easier to never have my parents around, I mean come on, how boring would you get always being alone? I guess most teenagers never want their parents around but I never really got the chance to always be annoyed by them like normal kids do. 

I was thinking this while I reached the Starbucks' front doors. I hopped in line adn ordered my coffee when it was my turn.

"A vanilla frappuccino please."

"Okay, and what is the name?" The cashier asked.

"Um, Harley."

"Okay, Harley it will be done in a few minutes."

"Thanks."

I turn around and almost collide with a girl about my age.

"Oh! I'm sorry," I say as I help her pick up the few things she dropped.

I look up into her face and see the girl from the other day. She has a blue-green eye color and a really pretty face. Today she was wearing a cute floral t-shirt and a pair of white skinny jeans. She was wearing a jean jacket over her shirt. She was absolutely beautiful.

She looked up and saw me looking at her before I had the time to look away

"Thanks um, I don't believe I know you." she says.

"Oh, I'm Harley, Harley Brooks."

"Okay, I'm Sarah Smith, I just moved here about a week ago."

"Cool, what grade are you in?"

"I'm in eighth, what grade are you in?"

"I'm in eighth too. do you mind me asking what school do you go to?" I ask trying not to be super weird.

"I go to the middle school a few blocks away."

"Really? Me too," I say.

"Harley!" a woman says from behind the bar.

"Oh, that's me." I say while going forward to take it from her.

"Hey, do you want to walk to school together? I know we just met but maybe I could show you around and point out the kids to stay away from?" I say, kind of rambling.

"Sure, I just have to go get my things from the table over there. I'll be right back."

I watch her turn away, I catch the faint smell of warm vanilla sugar come from her as she walks away towards her table.

Why did I have to fall for her?