Chapter Twenty-Three

He had her trapped and he was now going to take care of things himself. Apparently he didn't like that this was her second visit, and he was not going to let there be a third. We got there just in time. He stood with his hands wrapped around her neck and he was slowly applying pressure. He stopped though when he heard us come in.

"Let her go!" I yelled.

Again, I wasn't entirely sure where this new bravery was even coming from. That wasn't what I needed to focus on though. I needed to just go with it and trust myself. I stood my ground and looked him right in the eye. He let go of Mrs. Reeves and turned to face me and Jane.

"Jane, what are you doing with these people?" he asked. You aren't supposed to have contact with them."

I really don't know why he asked. It's not like she could have answered him, and I'm pretty sure he knew that by now.

"Never mind her," I said. "We have something more important to deal with. Your father for example."

"YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT HIM!" he yelled.

This caused me to jump. He was scary when he was angry. His voice was loud and demanding. I imagined it was loud enough to ring out through at least half of the building. If I really did have bravery at any point during that particular night, it was now gone. Completely gone. I was shaking uncontrollably.

"I have to, you almost killed him, twice."

"Good, he deserves to die."

"He's your father. You know you don't mean that."

"He's a bad man. I mean every word I say."

"And you aren't?" I asked.

That was a mistake to ask, especially because I had asked with a slight cockiness in my tone. He didn't even have words for that. Instead he came after me this time. I thought I was going to die for sure. There was no way he was going to make it take so long like he was for Mrs. Reeves. I was done for.

My vision was getting cloudy and I was just about to go under when I heard a group of people running down the hallway and yelling. John dropped me and I didn't even have the control to stay standing. I fell to the ground and laid there for a moment until I felt stable enough to stand up. Mrs. Reeves came over and held onto me so I wouldn't fall over.

"We have someone that may be important!" Kyle said as he came into the room.

They surrounded Mr. Williams. It actually looked like he didn't know what to do. Sure, he was a ghost, and he was powerful enough to do some serious damage, but he actually seemed scared. Maybe it was because I brought up his dad, but I wasn't one-hundred percent sure.

"GET OUT OF MY OFFICE!" he yelled.

"No," Kyle said. "I'm sorry Nicole, but we couldn't just rest and let it go for the night. We looked into the whole Stanley Williams thing. He was stuck here to. It was actually a complete accident. He was here during that time trying to talk to his son."

"I remember that," I interrupted. When they all looked at me like I was nuts, I explained further. "I had a dream. In the dream I was Helena, and just before they locked me up to die, I saw Stanley. He was trying to talk to John, and it looked like they were arguing, but John stormed off."

"Yeah well, he was pretty old by then, and ended up getting sick and dying. The bad part was that he didn't die until after the ritual, so he was stuck here like the rest. He stayed hidden this whole time though, because he couldn't face his son not being able to speak," Kyle told us.