Chapter 1

Three days ago was a day Sam never wants to remember. Three days ago was a day he hope to never see again. Three days ago Sam, Dean, and Castiel found Gabriel beaten, bruised, and completely helpless. What Sam saw before him wasn't the same candy loving trickster he knew but what was left of a broken angel. Sam remembers the first thing Gabriel did when he saw them. Gabriel cried. He cried out of fear and relief. Sam remembers Gabriel clinging on to him as they ran to the impala. Sam remembers Gabriel never wanting to leave his side in fear of it just all being a dream. But the one thing Sam remembers the most is when he cut off the horrid stitches on Gabriel's lips and the first thing he said is 'Please don't let this be a dream'

Three days ago was the day Sam had promised that he would not only to take care of Gabriel but also protect him. Not even a few hours later Dean and Cas had found a case. At first Sam was against the fact that Dean wanted to go and do a case after just rescuing the archangel. He then realized it was to help Dean rap his head around the fact that Gabriel was alive. Dean and Sam agreed that Sam would stay behind while Dean would leave with Cas and would only call if it was for information or back up. As soon as they had left Sam went to check on the archangel. Sam had left Gabriel in his room, went back to him and had seen Gabriel asleep. Sam smiled. He smiled because Gabriel seemed so peaceful. After Chuck-knows-how-long of him being in literal hell, tortured and beaten. Gabriel was safe and Sam was going to make sure it would stay that way.

That was three days ago. Now Sam is carrying a sleeping Gabriel to his own room because the lazy little bird wouldn't get out of his room. Luckily Gabriel's room wasn't to far, just a few doors down from Sam's room. Sam laid Gabriel down on his bed and sighed. The archangel hadn't been getting any better and Sam was slightly afraid that Gabriel was turning more human with every passing day. Even when Gabriel insists he's getting better, Sam notices how he's always tired. Sam decided to stay and watch him just for a little while.

Meanwhile Dean and Cas were coming home from a case in Minnesota. At first it seemed like a simple salt and burn but found out it would be a little more difficult than they thought. Which caused a few sticky situations and a lot of embarrassing positions... for Dean. Cas was driving sens Dean almost drove them into another car do to the lack of sleep he got while on the case. Dean didn't actually agree to him driving. Cas just knocked him out be for he could do or say anything. Dean eventually woke up and started bitching to Cas about how he's not allowed to knock him out and drive baby. Cas just ignored him and kept driving. They weren't even a mile away when they saw two little figures at the front door of their bunker. Cas drove the impala slower just in case they were attackers. Dean grabbed his gun as Cas quietly put baby in the garage. Dean immediately ran for Sam to tell him about the figures at the front door but didn't see him in his room

"Sam?" he yelled concern filled him.

Dean opened and closed doors with the fear that the two figures have taken him. He soon found Sam asleep, sitting on a chair, with half of his body resting on the edge of Gabe's bed. Dean relaxed and was about to wake him up, but then decided to take a picture. After getting a few good ones he shook Sam. Sam woke with a jolt, grabbed Dean's arm and instinctively punched him, leaving Dean to fall with a thud.

"The hell Sammy?" Dean shouted

"That's what you get for taking pictures of me while I'm asleep" was all he responded with

"How do you kn-" Dean started but was interrupted by Sam saying

"I know you Dean and I know how you think"