Chapter 9 - First Introduction of Five Elements Wings

Xu Qi closed the backdoor after entering. However, he remained by the door. He felt deeply moved by seeing Jin Yier leave from the door crack; then he shook his head helplessly and walked towards his room.

Xu Qi caught sight of a silhouette waiting outside his room. After identifying the figure, Xu Qi entered his room without a word, and the visitor followed Xu Qi.

In his room, Xu Qi took off his cloak, and started teasing, "This is seriously uncomfortable. Why are you still waiting for me at this hour, Uncle Mang? Warming my bed?"

The visitor was the housekeeper of Xu Clan, Xu Pingfan, of course. He was aware Xu Qi had yet to return since leaving the mansion, thus sent all guards away from the back entrance; he didn't want anybody to see Xu Qi returning in the middle of the night. Yet here he was, waiting for his young master's return. If it weren't for Xu Qi repeatedly urging him not to go looking for him, he would have made his way to Jade Sea Tavern long ago.

Seeing Xu Qi safely returned home and started teasing him, Xu Pingfan gave a slight smile and said, "Young Master, please don't forget your age. You're going out and back in the middle of the night. You should have some consideration for my feelings. What if something were to happen to you? I can't shoulder that responsibility."

Xu Qi didn't reply to Xu Pingfan. He chuckled a little, then sat on the bedside. His legs dangled off the bed, giving a carefree atmosphere.

Just by looking at Xu Qi, Xu Pingfan understood the former had great gains from tonight's trip, but he didn't want to enquire about the details. He pondered for a while, then reported, "Young Master, Helian Clan and Liang Clan got wind of my intention to sell our business rights and have sent people to get in contact with me. I have informed them of the pricing, but both clans wanted an exclusive deal. Do you think I should do something behind the scenes?"

"Don't bother, Uncle Mang. Let it go if the price is right. There is no need to offend them. We won't have it easy if we offend either of them, and they will retaliate if we take it too far," Xu Qi answered.

"All right then. As you wish, Young Master. Also, I have found a suitable place that you asked for, and construction is already underway. It should be completed in a month," Xu Pingfan replied.

"That's fast. Thank you, Uncle Mang. But you must keep in mind that this matter must never be leaked. Otherwise, it will be disastrous for us." Xu Qi felt pretty happy with Xu Pingfan's capabilities.

"Please rest assured, Young Master. Everything will be taken care of. Just be patient." Xu Pingfan patted his chest and assured.

In fact, things weren't as simple as Xu Pingfan made them out to be. Locating the place was easy since Xu Clan didn't lack the funds. However, when it came to construction, Xu Pingfan didn't dare to be careless in the least. Although he wasn't sure of Xu Qi's intention in ordering the construction, he understood Xu Qi wanted to maintain secrecy. Therefore, he offered high wages to exceptional craftsmen from other cities to do it. He also employed guards and made sure that the craftsmen were unable to leave the premises before it had been completed.

Xu Qi didn't pay much concern to Xu Pingfan's arrangements. All he was thinking of was the information given by Jin Yier earlier. There're so many schools. This world is somewhat dangerous; it's better to hurry up and strengthen myself, he thought to himself.

"Young Master, as for your instructions to look for orphans, I have arranged that as well. They will be gradually sent to a secure place," Xu Pingfan interrupted Xu Qi's thoughts.

Xu Qi's attention was immediately roused at the mentioning of orphans, and he said, "Uncle Mang, I forgot to mention this the last time. Their gender doesn't matter, but they must be perfectly healthy. Don't bother with them if they have any irregularities; give them a bit of money and begone with them. Oh, the amount... I want ninety-nine of them. Think of a solution if the numbers are insufficient, and I don't need any extra."