Chapter 50 - The Five Elements Wings are Born!

Xu Qi first placed the rainbow feather into the cauldron, then started conditioning his breathing. Refining the Essence of Five Elements took a lot of his spiritual and physical energy, and to refine it further into the Five Elements Wings would require a large amount of energy.

He sat on the ground in meditation, operating his cultivation method. After a few cycles, Xu Qi felt he had recovered a substantial amount of energy. Thus, he stopped operating his cultivation and stood up. He smiled helplessly when he saw how torn and tattered his clothes were.

Xu Qi flipped his palm and retrieved a Violetcloud wooden box containing a Spirit grade inner core. The legendary Five Elements Wings would be successfully refined once he fused the inner core with the Essence of Five Elements.

He opened the wooden box and looked at the inner core filled with spiritual qi. Suddenly, the extremely ordinary black, tiny inner core flashed in his mind.

That day, when Xu Pingfan brought him to the hidden room containing inner cores, Xu Qi had accidentally discovered the ordinary-looking black inner core. He had felt a familiar sensation from it then, and it was resonating with the rainbow energy in him.

Thinking up to here, Xu Qi took out the box containing that inner core with a flip of his palm. He opened it slowly, and looked at it. However, he still couldn't feel a shred of spiritual qi in it.

"What monster's inner core is this, exactly? I must take my time to study it when I'm done here," Xu Qi muttered, holding the inner core in his hand.

Xu Qi placed the black inner core back into the wooden box, then picked up the Spirit grade inner core filled with spiritual qi and jumped up to the cauldron.

He recalled the method to refine the Five Elements Wings carefully. After confirming the final refining procedure's requirements were only to gather the Essence of Five Elements, a monster's inner core and his rainbow energy to be ready for refining, Xu Qi carefully placed the inner core in the cauldron.

Now, the All-tempering Flame danced about on one of Xu Qi's palms as he watched it burn bewitchingly. Xu Qi said excitedly, "This is the final step; I must be careful about it!"

In his other hand, Xu Qi emitted the rainbow energy, quickly injecting it into the cauldron, enveloping the Essence of Five Elements as well as the inner core. Then, he began to carefully fuse the two together.

In the moment when the rainbow feather came into contact with the inner core, they immediately merged. Seeing this, Xu Qi quickly increased the flame output in his palm. Shortly after, a pair of tiny rainbow feathers gradually sprouted from the side of the inner core.

Xu Qi was filled with surprise as he witnessed it happening. However, he didn't dare to lower his vigilance. He continued controlling the All-tempering Flame prudently, refining the two. As the two objects were refined together by the All-tempering Flame, the inner core gradually shrank in size. Conversely, the pair of rainbow feathers gradually increased in size, slowly turning into the embryonic form of a pair of rainbow wings.

Not long after, Xu Qi felt a sense of weakness coming from his body again. However, he had no choice but to grit his teeth and persevere.

As time went on, the inner core shrank into nothingness. What remained in the cauldron was a pair of rainbow wings, similar in appearance to those of a bird, about the size of an adult's palm. Then, Xu Qi retracted the All-tempering Flame and his rainbow energy. Xu Qi sat on the edge of the cauldron, gasping for breath in exhaustion. Surprisingly, his earlier feelings of excitement mellowed out as he saw the results of his hard work, the Five Elements Wings.