Chapter 26 - Xu Qi Gets Beaten Up

"Brother Yan, what happened to your face!" Mo Dingtian became agitated as he spoke. Evidently, his brotherly relationship with Mo Yan wasn't all talk.

Now, Mo Yan's face was fully revealed. His once-handsome face was now ruined with a palm-sized scar on the right cheek. Even so, he unconsciously smiled when he saw Mo Dingtian's reaction, saying, "I had thought my lord had forgotten about me before my arrival. Seeing Young Lord weep for me, Mo Yan here feels like he hasn't lived his life in vain."

"I have treated you as my younger brother all along, Brother Yan. It's just that our clan had sent me here to manage the auction house and never summoned me back; I had no way of meeting you. That aside, Brother Yan... First let's talk about your face. What happened?" Mo Dingtian looked at the scar, still feeling agitated.

Mo Yan touched the scar on his face, saying, "Young Lord, this happened long ago; my skills were inferior to another. It was this scar, which signifies my humiliation, that spurred me on to become stronger bit by bit. All in all, I'm glad it turned out this way."

"Glad? Tell me the truth, Brother Yan. Was it caused by your enemies, or those guys from our clan? Please tell me truthfully!" Mo Dingtian gritted his teeth as he mentioned their clansmen, squeezing out each word in detestation.

"Please don't ask anymore, Young Lord. All these happened long ago; it's already over. It's all good for us now, isn't it?" Mo Yan was clearly avoiding the topic as he replied.

Though, of course, the wise Mo Dingtian noticed it. He suppressed the rage inside him, saying, "Don't worry, Brother Yan. I'll return to the clan sooner or later, and I'll make sure those who tried to harm me in the past get their deserved punishment!"

"I have confidence in you, Young Lord. I will definitely support you if needed!" Mo Yan said resolutely.

"Haha, I believe that! Let's not talk about these unhappy matters. Come, let's go get wasted! Tell me all about your experiences from these past years!" Mo Dingtian hugged Mo Yan's shoulder, and led him out.

Deep in the night, while Mo Dingtian and Mo Yan were getting intoxicated in the inner courtyard of the auction house, a carriage set off from three of the four exits of Rivulet City. Subsequently, the three carriages converged somewhere not far from the city, slowly disappearing into the night.

The next afternoon, in the inner courtyard of Xu Clan, Xu Qi sat in meditation in his own room, practicing his cultivation method. After a few cycles, he let out a soft sigh. He felt dispirited; ever since his encounter with the white-robed man a few days ago, Xu Qi felt unprecedented nervousness. Thus, he hoped to further advance in his cultivation, but not one bit of improvement could be seen even after he had made such an effort.

Xu Qi had considered entering the Four Divinities Cavern for training, but decided to put aside such thoughts temporarily, since Xu Clan was fraught with troubles recently. It would be disastrous if he were to unintentionally disappear for a week or so.

"Are you in there, Young Master?" Suddenly Xu Pingfan's voice interrupted Xu Qi's thoughts.

"I am, Uncle Mang. Come on in," Xu Qi replied.

The door opened. Xu Pingfan cautiously entered the room. He peeked out warily, ensuring no one suspicious was around before closing the doors, then walked to Xu Qi.

The latter laughed out loud as he watched the scene play out, saying, "Uncle Mang, why are you being so cautious with me around? Do you think there's anyone in Rivulet City who is able to sneak into my place undetected from my senses?"

Xu Pingfan immediately cracked up, "Didn't you remind me to be cautious? It doesn't hurt to be."

Xu Qi inquired laughingly, "Alright, tell me what you're here for, Uncle Mang. You're not one to look for me if there's nothing up."