All my thoughts look like you

So in less than 48 hours, I will be in Singapore traveling SE Asia ...that is crazy!

We arrived at home, I had sobered up a bit but I thought I could take advantage of this and get Elodie to stay with me. She came around to my side and opened the door, wrapping a hand around my waist but not carrying me this time as I didn't need it. She opened the door and placed her keys on the side taking us up the stairs. "Elodie?" I called. "Mhmm" she replied. "Please can we sleep on the roof tonight, I don't want to go to bed". She gave me a look as if to say why would you want to do that but something mutual between us made her understand that I needed that.

Whilst being homeless we were always outside at night and it helped me sleep. She led me to the roof with a giant blanket but was very hesitant. We sat down on this sofa bed they had up there but it was massive. She lay there frozen so I decided to scoot closer to her and wrapped the blanket around us both. "Is this okay?" She asked unsurely. "This is perfect" I beamed at her. She smiled back at me, I grinned widely, it was intensely beautiful. I looked up to the stars and finally felt content. "You don't have to stay with me you know and I don't expect you to understand". I said. "It's okay it's pretty nice actually". She grinned. "I like you when you are like this" her face dropped. "I'm sorry I didn't mean that, well I did, but..." she stopped me putting her hand over my mouth. "I want to ask you something" she turned to me. "Yes?" I shyly smiled. "But I don't want you to get mad, I just want to understand what happened?" Now I had seen her softer side I thought it was appropriate that she had asked again in a better circumstance.

She wanted to know about me, it made my heart warm. I hesitated. "It's okay you don't have to tell me, it's not like I've told you anything". I finally felt like we were getting somewhere and I didn't want that to stop. "It's okay, umm if I tell you please don't look at me any differently". She rubbed my arm soothingly. "Of course I wouldn't judge you we all have our things in life to face".

I nodded. "We were homeless". I said quickly. She sat there quietly looking me in the eyes, urging me to carry on. "And every night we would be under the stars, it was beautiful and it was all we had. Eventually, I got used to it and needed it to help me sleep. Because no matter where we were in the world, the night sky would always appear, as beautiful as ever". She wrapped her arms around me and initiated a hug.

She knew I needed the comfort, I had for a while now, my hand was firmly resting on her thigh while I lay into her. Elodie brought her hand up and caressed my cheek which I leaned it too, she knowingly stroked my hair, I turned to her and looked her in the eye and smiled her, I lent in and she looked shocked but didn't move. I kissed her cheek and she let out a sign. Did she think I was going to kiss her on the lips? "Good night Elodie, sweet dreams". I drifted off into a deep sleep, content. "Sweet dreams Megan," I think I heard.

The next morning I awoke alone, was last night real? Or just a dream. The only way I knew it was real was the two drinks that lay next to us from last night. I came off the roof and went to my room to shower and get changed, my hair was still wet when I went downstairs but it was a Saturday morning so who cares. "Morning"
I said to everyone, they were already around the table. "How was the party?" Anthony asked. "It was okay" I grinned. "Just okay?" Clarissa asked. "Yeah, I'm not a party person."

At that moment Elodie walked into the room and everyone looked her way, which didn't go unnoticed. She just glared at them to stop. I sat down at the table expecting her to ignore me, but to surprise, she sat down next to me. I could tell everyone was smirking and trying to suppress their giggles. "Morning" she whispered to me. "Good morning" I whispered back. She poured me a drink and I tucked into my breakfast. "Did you two have a good sleep on the roof?" We both looked up swiftly, not saying a word. "I'm sorry if we weren't supposed to it was my idea, not Elodie's". I didn't want her to get into trouble for my actions, I wanted to protect her always. Clarissa and Anthony laughed it was just us by now at the table. "You've mistaken me, I was merely teasing you, the roof is fine to sleep on just not alone". We both sighed in relief. I wonder when they had caught us. "Elodie a word in my office please" her Dad asked.