three

L I B B Y

THE NEXT WEEK went by increasingly fast. It was Friday before I knew it. I'm known for throwing pretty good bashes, so I can tell the whole school was buzzing by lunch time.

"Guess who asked me if she was attending the the party tonight," Mikala sat down next to me, slamming her body into mine. She jerks me closer to Zack, who is the second football teams quarterback. I guess having a rich father is a bonus when you're in high school, especially this stuck-up of one.

"Who?" I groan inwardly, already knowing the answer.

"Martha Wolfe." We say at the same time, then both sigh.

"She's a skank." Mikala says.

"Ay, Moore." I turn around and see Weezer. He's on the varsity soccer team and he's a righteous douchebag. Classic red hair and grey eyes. I don't know if his name is actually Weezer, but I've never been told told to prove otherwise.

"Yea?" He walks over to me and presses his hands on my shoulders. I roll my eyes.

"Is it true you're gonna be housing an Irish soccer player?"

"It's called football, Weezer." I say and he tugs at the end of my ponytail. I growl at him, swatting his hand. He chuckles.

"Your dad gonna be managing him?"

"Even for a red head, you're a dick."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He tugs at my ponytail again.

"Fuck off, stop touching my hair."

"I was just asking a question, prissy." I sigh loudly.

"Yes, my dad will be managing an Irish soccer player."

"Isn't it called football?" He grins down at me.

"What are you doin', Weeze?" Zack interrupts. Weezer ruffles Zack's dark brown hair.

"Don't get your panties in a twist, Cooper." With that, he walks away.

"He's such a freak," Rachel comments from across he table. I crinkle my nose in response.

"Do you need me to bring the booze this time, Moore?" Lucas calls from the other end.

"Don't go stingy on the Budweiser, Porter." I answer and he nods, sending me a wink.

I stand up and gather my things, dumping the remains of my lunch into the trash. I take out my ponytail and run my fingers through my hair to loosen it up. Waving at my clasmates, I exit the cafeteria. I had the rest of the day off since I took A.P. classes in the morning. They took the Arts program out of my school, which was a shame, but it let me off with ease. Andrew, Rachel and I were the only ones that didn't have school the rest of the day after lunch, the others took electives that only take place in the afternoon.

I stuff my book bag into my locker, thankful of getting all my homework done. I step into the bathroom and brush off any lingering mascara and wash my hands.

It's going to be a long night.

---

By midnight, the whole house was shaking. I was afraid it was going to collapse and kill us all. As I did another round of checking up on everyone, I stole a beer from the cooler.

"Baaaaaaaaaabe!" I hear from behind me. Arms wrap around my waist and the strong smell of alcohol filled my nose.

"Lucas." I answered not-so enthusiastically. He pulled me back into him, swaying slowly back and forth to the fast pace music. "No."