five

L I B B Y

I TAKE THE pot roast out of the oven. It has been cooking since seven in the morning, so I'm hoping it'll be just right. I'm giddy while I seet the table, even if it was just for two. I'm going to take up the responsibility of cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner for as long as Niall is here. I may have guilted it in him to come, but it's sad to stay that I don't feel the least bit bad.

As of half an hour, Niall comes in.

"Holy shite," he sniffs the air. I look at him hopefully. "Tha' smells like fuckin' heaven." I motion for him to sit down and he obliges.

"Pot roast. It's been cooking all day, so it should be perfect." I set down the pan in front of him. He games at it. "Does it look-" I'm interrupted by the sound of a doorbell. "Don't eat yet, okay?" I point at him, then jog to the door.

"Liiiiiiiiiby!" Is what I'm greeted with when I open the door. Lucas and Zack fall through the doorframe, with Zack's girlfriend, Gwen following.

"What the fuck?" I ask incredulously. Gwen sighs as the two boys make their way to my living room.

"I told them not to bother you." I let her inside.

"It smells like-who the fuck are you?" I hear Lucas, then he comes back into sight. "Who the fuck is that?" I saunter back into the kitchen, where Niall looks a bit timid. Not blaming him, Lucas is a tough, loud guy despite his pretty face.

"Aren't you that Irish soccer player?" Zack sits across from him, in my seat. "Damn Libs, you coulda told me that you were makin' pot roast." Gwen sighs again next to me and we share a look.

"Get out of my house." I say, crossing my arms. Lucas throws his hands up in the air.

"You have an Irish guy in your house and suddenly don't feel like having any other friends. I apologize for my lack of Irishness." He takes a seat next to Niall, who glances at the clock. 5:06.

"Zack, c'mon." Gwen says, wrapping her thick auburn hair into a bun.

"But I'm hungry." Zack whines. I lighten up a bit.

"You guys wanna eat here?" Zack throws his fists in the air.

"Yes!" Zack says and motions for Gwen to sit next to him.

"Are you sure, Libby?" She asks, eyeing Niall and me. I look at her questionably.

"Of course not, the more the merrier." I grin and catch Niall looking at me. I wink at him before grabbing three extra plates. "I also have salad, if any of you want some. Oh, and rolls." I set out the plates, bowls and silverware.

"Thanks, mommy." Lucas says, pinching my side a I walk by. I slap his hand.

"Gwen, have you had Libs food? She's the fucking master." Zack comments as if I'm not here.

"I haven't, actually." Gwen smiles kindly at me. She's always been really nice to everyone. She comes from a middle-class family and is one of the smartest people in school. Zack and her are perfect together. I introduce Niall to the disruptive people.

I glance at a silent Niall. "Are you shy?" I poke his arm as I sit down next to him.

"I'm hungry." He answers with a sly grin.

"Then eat." Everyone gets their fair share of food.

"So Niall," Zack speaks up. "You play soccer." Niall looks at the brunette, face blank.

"Oh, um," he realizes. "Yeah, a bit."

"A bit, my ass," Lucas butts in. "A friend of mine and I watched a few of your games. You're pretty fast."