Chapter 19

Sherlock looked at his phone, raising his eyebrows at the text.

Pffft, I could beat that.

How did you obtain my phone number? -SH

If I leave it a mystery, it's sexier ;)

Fuck you. - SH

Mr. Holmes! You've gotta take me to dinner first at least.

Sherlock rolled his eyes and set the phone down as the bell for the end of lunch rang. He contemplated going to his final lesson, but decided against it, instead heading out to the pitch where John was playing. He sat in the weather-worn stands watching John run across the pitch, he didn't look too happy. Sherlock smirked as he realised the probable reason behind that.

The practice was pretty miserable as always, Sherlock noticed that Billy Higgs was there...avoiding John...with a black eye. Sherlock chuckled and lit a ciggarette, waving at the tall boy with a wide grin when he looked over. Horrified, the boy turned his attention back to the game, avoiding looking at Sherlock for the remainder of it.

Sherlock smoked three cigarettes during that game, by the time John headed over to him from the pitch, he smelt like an ash tray.

" Thank god that's over." John muttered, as Sherlock joined him as he walked back. John leant against him slightly and the corner of Sherlock's eyes crinkled as he smiled slightly.

" Why'd you play if you don't like it?"

John sighed and bit his lip,

"My dad."

Sherlock nodded,  he'd never heard anything about John's dad.

"He wants me to play rugby, thinks it's more manly. He doesn't want another gay child, like forcing me into playing sport would change anything..."

Sherlock put an arm over John's shoulders as they walked behind one of the stands nearing the school, "Why don't you just stop playing and not tell him?"

John shook his head.

" He comes to watch the games, he'll come to the next one, which is tomorrow."

Sherlock sighed and pulled John into a hug kissing the top of John's head.

"You're father seems to be total bastard."

John laughed into Sherlock's chest, almost uncontrollably.  Sherlock furrowed his eyebrows, cofused,

"What? What's funny?"

John continued giggling, burying his face into Sherlock's shoulder and wrapping his arms around his waist. 

"John! Tell me!" Sherlock said, smiling a little now at John.

"You're just so blunt."

Sherlock didn't understand why this was funny and just shook his head, laughing into John's hair.

John looked up and smiled, his eyes on Sherlock's. Sherlock was taken by suprise as John put a hand at the small of Sherlock's back and leant him backwards in a swoop, trying to do the romantic kiss so often seen in movies where the kissee is swept of their feet into a charming and dazzling kiss.

However Sherlock, in his suprise, lost his footing taking John down with him to the ground. They both lay there, slightly stunned for a moment, before bursting into laughter in each other's arms.