𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐄.

( CHAPTER EIGHT. )
08. BURNING WITH RAGE.

 BURNING WITH RAGE

"I take it my bloody nose has something to do with the dagger that was just recently lying in your heart." Selene Lockwood questioned, beginning to put together the puzzle pieces as to why Esther Mikaelson requested her presence on the staircase.

"I believe so. But don't you fret, I won't let anything happen to you. Not again." Kol replied, which only caused Selene to sigh. The pair was currently huddled in the Men's Bathroom, Selene sitting on the middle portion of the sink whilst Kol was gently clearing the blood from her face.

It was nice of him to care, she thought. However, if he wasn't able to protect her from his mother one thousand years ago, she highly doubted anything has changed. "Please don't make promises you can't keep. Selene solemnly clarified, never meeting the eye of her newfound friend.

With her last remark, the pair now sat in silence. Kol proceeded to clean up the only girl he's ever loved, all while she continued to reach in her pocket and pull out her relief. Her pack was almost empty now, and she honestly did lose track of how many she had that day. It wasn't a healthy habit but it was one that she felt she needed to survive, just like a vampire needed its blood.

"Those aren't healthy." Kol teased, and Selene could see the smile he was trying to mask.

"Neither is murdering innocent victims for sport. But hey, we all have our flaws." The Lockwood Werewolf replied, swinging her feet simply for the fact that if she pushed too hard, her foot would kick the side of Kol.

"So." Selene continued, feeling herself instantly begin to calm down. "What's the plan?"

♱ ♱ ♱

The dark sky emitting above the Mikaelson family showed evident signs of a full moon, however Selene was not feeling any pain and she definitely was not beginning her transition into a wolf. Candles were surrounding the traitorous group and as the four supernatural creatures walked toward their creator, Bonnie Bennett and her mother found themselves walking in the opposite direction.

Esther Mikaelson was proudly standing inside her magical circle, prodigal son also within arms length. "My sons, come forward. Selene, you may join us as well." She said, speaking in a confident tone all the while he was pleading her to stay behind him.

"It's okay, they can't enter." Esther declares, making a move to connect her hand with Finn, just as her other children were glaring deadly daggers into her.

The scene unfolding in front of the Original Vampires was humorous, to say the least. Their own mother, the woman who brought them into the world and turned them into the very beings they were that day, was now standing in a circle prepared to end all of their lives. Kol was the first to express his distaste, having barely lived his immortal life.