roses

roses

third person’s POV ..

The first snowflakes arrived early. The shadows of summer were being swept into memories as the earth moved swiftly into its winter slumber.
Andy looks at the flowers still in bloom. “The roses look beautiful with their slight dusting of white.”
Rye agrees, contemplating on what he had just said and notices the abrupt change in his eyes. Andy’s eyes are Rye’s window into his mind.
They have to start making their way back. He feels Andy’s hand gently squeeze his, and looking at his face, he falls madly in love with his smile. How many times can you fall in love, every time he smiles?

The sun makes an attempt to climb through the clouds, making it seem impossible as the sky grows slightly darker.
“My hands are cold.” Andy looks up at Rye from where they are sitting. A lone bench covered in frozen crystals. Andy is slouched against him, warming their bodies. Eye to eye, staring back at one another. Andy looks away and Rye longs for him.

As they walked, the snow falls harder, making it seem like they were drifting through a seemingly endless cloud. No one was there but them. Andy turns towards Rye, abruptly pushing him into the soft cushions of snow. As Rye falls he grabs Andy’s arm, pulling him along. The small boy grabs a handful of snow and shoves it in Rye’s face. A look of utter disbelief crosses over his face as a shocking laugh booms out of Andy, his smile wider than ever. Rye scoffs and a smirk slowly appears on his lips. He stares at the blonde boy above him and observes his beautiful blue eyes. Andy’s hand is placed gently on Rye’s chest and a vibration of his heart races through him as butterflies erupt in his stomach.

Small smiles grew on their faces as Andy stood up to pull Rye on his feet. Pulling a little too hard and Rye almost toppling on top of him; was a moment they embraced with an awkward hug because Rye had stopped them from falling. But he was grateful that Andy had pulled so hard because now they stood, in eachothers arms, not really thinking about the funny incident that occured. Right now, all Rye could think about doing was kissing him. He thought about what would happen if he did. Maybe he would tell Andy about the feelings he felt so immensely towards him. Maybe Andy wouldn’t want to be friends with Rye anymore and all of the memories that they’ve shared since they were young would get buried underneath the snow. But there was always that chance that Andy would tell Rye he felt the same way.

But it didn’t matter now because Rye had already made up his mind. And all that Andy could think about was how much closer Rye had gotten to him and how his eyes kept flickering to his lips then back up to his eyes again and again until their lips were just inches apart. But Andy didn’t want to wait anymore for Rye to come any closer because he was scared that he might not. He was scared that if they kissed then the relationship they had wouldn’t be the same. There would no longer be any beach trips in the spring, no more drive in movies, no more late night dinners together because they could never decide on what to eat. There would no longer be exploring new places to go to and just talk about how they’ve been and how their families are doing.

Although Andy was scared of what would happen, he was so willing to take that risk. Because, the truth is that he loved Rye and what they had was not something Andy was okay with letting go of.

Now, Rye is moving forward and so is Andy and finally they are kissing and Rye’s hands are on Andy’s waist and Andy’s hands are on Rye’s cheeks. Their lips and tongues are moving together and neither of them have felt happier to be in this situation.

They pull away in smiles and shy laughter and now they’re holding hands, walking down the snow covered ground. And Rye’s hand in Andy’s hand is all that is keeping them warm from the cold weather.

//

sorry if that was rubish lol
Thanks for reading there will be more to come:)

-louise🌻